JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As the weather turns craptastic, I've found that I focus on various gun project more during that time. Though, presently, I am between projects.

Anyone have a gunsmithing project, build, , etc. they are working on? How's the progress?

I plan to do a lot of shooting this winter at the range. I have a 1958 ish fn commercial mauser I will be restocking
Stock has been ordered through Richard's and I expect to see it a week or two before Christmas

My goal is to rebuild the work bench in my shop and get all the reloading stuff I just bought set up!:)

Have a couple long guns that need some work. Would like to get them dialed in as well.

Teachers are a bit opposite. I am refilling my larders for the long summer months. That being said, there's always one or two rifles waiting to be built...

I plan to do a lot of shooting this winter at the range. I have a 1958 ish fn commercial mauser I will be restocking
Stock has been ordered through Richard's and I expect to see it a week or two before Christmas

That sounds like a neat project. I remember tinkering with Mausers back in the day. Look forward to the pics. :)

I'm gonna sell all my guns and let .gov protect me from everything evil.

There's a sound plan. Don't forget your Birkenstocks, patchouli oil and tofu.

Aw f.ck - seems PDXSchitter got through to a few of us.

1. Refinish my Winchester 1894, present for my son.
2. Cast a bunch of bullets.
3. Got two large jasper rocks and a slab of Missouri slate - gonna knapp some flint.
4. Coyote hunting

Indeed!
Well, more like modding, not actually gun smithing.

Ive just finished fitting all my eligible pistols with wood grip panels. Really fell back in love with the blued steel and wood look. Attempting to do the same with a few of my rifles as well.
(SOCOM, 10/22 and Npap)

I have a Zastava Npap that Im piecing together accessory wise.
Folding hinge, sling loop, OD green surplus sling and a V2-MWI optics mount. Going for a Tobuk type look.

After that Ive got my Socom 16, I purchased a wood M14 stock from a member here. Going to fill the selector lever area with a Fulton Armory faux selector kit. After that just need a gen 4 springfield armory optics mount and its finished.

Lastly, Im going to mess around with my G17, going to get an Endo Tactical stock/brace adapter, folding hinge, gen 2 shockwave brace. And put it all together.. Since I dont have the cash to invest in a brand new PCC, I figured Id trick out my G17, slap a brace on there and make something unique. Seen a few pics online, looks really fun.

Gotta do a write up here on one* of my antique flintlocks with close up pictures of the various features of the rifle that makes it unique , history of the rifle , load , that sorta thing...
Andy
* may do more if folks seem interested....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top