JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for an FAL builder to at least headspace and time my barrel into my receiver. I have a nice Imbel kit with FN proofs and a DSA type 3 receiver that I am looking to build. Anyone on here able to take on the work or… willing to help me do it?

Thanks!

If anyone here or anywhere else tells you it isn't that hard. They're telling you the truth.

Go, no-go, and a field gage for .308.

Receiver wrench and barrel vice/wrench.

Get over to the https://www.falfiles.com/ and search for "the golden triangle".
You may even find the tools. I made my own.

The actual stepped gage pins for determining the correct locking shoulder are not readily available but the different locking shoulders are.

I'm not kidding. It really isn't that hard.

it's understanding the results once assembled that has had more than one FAL gunplumber running around in circles looking for something to stab with a screw driver.
My current nemesis, times two actually, are two builds that perform well above expectations. The problem is I don't know why.

For comparisons sake, 2MOA is considered excellent, 3MOA expected, 4MOA, not unusual, and anything more there is something wrong. In my experience there are significantly fewer FAL shooters capable of sub 3MOA than there are FAL rifles capable of sub 3MOA. The FAL is an odd beast even for a semi automatic battle rifle. It's recoil impulse and cadence are like nothing else. There is a lot of metal moving around in the hold and it takes a bit of practice before there is any consistency.

If you haven't looked into reloading now would be a good time. Not only does the FAL have a voracious appetite but it can be a picky eater. Occasionally they like regurgitated fodder. Once fired in a weapon brass to be exact.
Even with the adjustable gas the beastie may like 168's over 150's for no apparent reason.

Do have fun

YMMV
And It really isn't that hard.

receiver_wrench.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show