JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Factory chassis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
1549578643076.jpg Curious if any one has a
#1 B14 BMP or #3 Savage stealth or #2 Tikka t3x tac a1 and if so would love to here your though about them I'm trying to figure out which of the 3 I want will be used for target shooting

If you know you are just target or bench shooting, I would take a look at the Savage 12 LRP. I was in a similar position when I bought mine. I know I wouldn't do anything else with it so the 26" bull barrel didn't scare me off. It's the trigger I love the most about it, 2 lbs and adjustable down from there. Otherwise I was choosing between the Stealth and the RPR, both in 6.5CM. The tikka has just come out and was pricey in comparison. How's has a new chassis model out as well and that is nice. No shortage of options, that's for sure.

If you know you are just target or bench shooting, I would take a look at the Savage 12 LRP. I was in a similar position when I bought mine. I know I wouldn't do anything else with it so the 26" bull barrel didn't scare me off. It's the trigger I love the most about it, 2 lbs and adjustable down from there. Otherwise I was choosing between the Stealth and the RPR, both in 6.5CM. The tikka has just come out and was pricey in comparison. How's has a new chassis model out as well and that is nice. No shortage of options, that's for sure.

Ya the tikka is a tad bit more expensive and I'm thinking the other ones due to wanting a shorter barrel because I'll be running a suppressor on it how well does the savage you got shoot?

My 12 LRP is an excellent shooter. The trigger is unreal and the action is smooth. Would like a thinner and shorter profile barrel when the time comes but with a savage action, it's a piece of cake and aftermarket support is great. I ring 12" steel with it at 550 regularly. Haven't taken it further as that's the longest at my range but think it would go much further if I asked it too.

My buddy has the Bergara HMR something with the adjustable LOP and cheek rest stock and really likes it as well.

My 12 LRP is an excellent shooter. The trigger is unreal and the action is smooth. Would like a thinner and shorter profile barrel when the time comes but with a savage action, it's a piece of cake and aftermarket support is great. I ring 12" steel with it at 550 regularly. Haven't taken it further as that's the longest at my range but think it would go much further if I asked it too.

My buddy has the Bergara HMR something with the adjustable LOP and cheek rest stock and really likes it as well.
I have an b14hmr in 6.5 and love it it's an amazing gun but I can't seem to get the though out of my head that I need an ar style chassis gun lol

Ya I get that. They certainly are nice. Manufacturers are making choices difficult for us with so many options. I put a 6.5CM ballistic advantage barrel in an AR-10 and it's been giving me fits since day 1. I think the chamber is very tight. Chambering fully and extraction are not reliable at all.
I saw a couple nice 6.5CM AR's posted recently as well that could be options for you if want the semi auto feature rather than a bolt.

Ya I get that. They certainly are nice. Manufacturers are making choices difficult for us with so many options. I put a 6.5CM ballistic advantage barrel in an AR-10 and it's been giving me fits since day 1. I think the chamber is very tight. Chambering fully and extraction are not reliable at all.
I saw a couple nice 6.5CM AR's posted recently as well that could be options for you if want the semi auto feature rather than a bolt.
Ya I've been down the ar10 lane and I have a hard time bot going pewpewpew super fast and not taking my time and then going bubblegum that's alot if money at over a buck a shot lol

I got myself a Howa HCR and love it...but if I was willing to put more money into it I would have gone with Bergara. Such a beautiful gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top