JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can anyone hazard a guess why in the era of 3—4 week wait times on eFormed 1s we're still seeing a god damn eternity on Form 4s? (I realize trusts are slow now, but even individuals and FFL to FFL are taking forever.) Most seem to be floating around 6—9 months. I know a fellow that had an F4 on a trust that took from May of 2018 to July of 2020 to be approved.

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows the story or at least credible rumors. (Killing time before a late dinner and an evening walk. :s0112:)

I had a form 4 go from June 2018 to July 8 2020, but the blocker wasn't just the ATF's fault. The dealer, failed correction paperwork, and a lack of urgency for customer service stuck me in the bum. Most of mine recently have been closer to 6 months, other than that outlier.

There's no good reason for the massive gap except process. The process they follow for one doesn't match the other - which is stupid, but government has never gotten an A for efficiency. They just haven't/won't evolve and commit.

The dealer, failed correction paperwork, and a lack of urgency for customer service stuck me in the bum.

Ugh. The one and only time I had paperwork issues in all stamp collecting over the years was exacerbated by a totally incompetent FFL/SOT. I never used them again; I wouldn't even if it was free and they covered the tax stamp.

It's weird how they work
Check was cashed for my Turbo in early January and I got it at the end of June
The check for my Sandman was cashed late December and that one is still pending.

I have no clue how they prioritize:s0092:

Maybe the coffee is better in the F1 processing department....

:s0074:
Coffee is for closers.gif

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews