JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss the private seller(s) at the gunshows that were selling off their collections, firearms that no longer appealed to them and/or their odds and ends.

To do that again.....I'd imagine that, the tables would have to be cheaper.

Then.....

I also miss the days when the Govt and FFLs didn't have to be involved in my transactions. WA and OR now have universal background check laws. F*** them, that voted for it.

Really. They must feel really good that they have enacted a transaction/transfer tax on me. Yup....think about it. What is your FFL charging to record and do the background check? In some cases it's $25.

OK....say that I already own 20 firearms. Now I see a gun that I'd like to buy from a private seller. Well, back in the old days I could show the seller my CCW, ID and swap a few stories. The seller was free to determine for themselves if he wanted to sell me his firearm. No extra $25 to the price and no Govt involved (to record the sale).

Humm......I want that single shot .22 LR rifle. But, with that additional $25 transfer fee. F*** That. OK, Ok, ok.......I don't like being taxed at 25%. Yeah....I say it's a tax (even though, I know that technically it's not).

And forget about The US Constitution. The liberals are talking taxes and (they say) minor Govt regulation(s). All in the name of public safety. Really?

Could you imagine being charged a background check fee to preach or attend church or to publish a newspaper or book? Yup.....the Govt needs to protect us from those people that attend those churches that preach their brand of hate and non-acceptance. New Flash Folks....it happens. And, what if? The publishing of Mein Kampf or The Turner Diaries could have been stopped by some Govt regulation/law?

And by the way.....when will a background check fee be required to purchase a knife, hammer, or a pressure cooker?

Humm.......Ok, Ok, ok........enough with the rant. Please go back to what you were doing.

Aloha, Mark
But at least we know we're "free"....cough..cough...
download.jpg

Went to my first rural Idaho show this morning. Held in the American Legion hall and advertised as 60 tables. I only saw 1 empty table in a corner. $5 admission but less for vets and kids and free parking.
I got there 5 minutes after the official start time and the place was already pretty busy. No socks or Beany Babies. In fact, a vendors wife who was selling hand nitted blankets was about the only non-firearms (or at least guy stuff) items I saw. Not much in the way of AR stuff. Not too much in the way of collectible milsurp either although there seemed to be a lot of bubba'd SKSs. The vast majority, as one might expect, were hunting and waterfowl items. No great deals jumped out at me. Also seemed to be a lot of reloading supplies too. Milsurp ammo was ridiculous. All the vendors seemed really friendly even though none of them had what I was looking for. Breakfast being cooked by the ladies smelled incredible. For $5 I'll probably go again just for the exercise even if I don't buy anything.

I've only been to the Expo show once and it was exactly as you guys describe it. Luckily I went with a buddy who covered my admission because we were picking up some heavy items on the way home and he needed my help with the lifting. So at least it didn't cost me $20 to buy nothing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads