1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms
    Pacific Northwest
    Site Maintenance Bronze Supporter

This thread is for the general discussion of the Item Estacada Rod & Gun Club. Please add to the discussion here.

2. 78 crewcab

78 crewcab
    Boring, Or.

I also am a member here great facility. Has all distances that you really need for shooting nice rifle side and nicer pistol side. Good competitive shoots every month.

3. TheGameMaster

TheGameMaster
    Portland, OR

I applied a year ago before I was an NRA member. Now I am a Life NRA member and Pistol instructor, working in my RSO. Is there a way to update my application?

Rodney

4. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I hope someone sees this in the New Post section ... as the thread has long gone cold.

Does this club have a website and a match listing? I can only find a Face Book page that does not detail much.

Happy New Year!

5. ORN197

ORN197
    Newberg

6. TheGameMaster

TheGameMaster
    Portland, OR

So, since I first posted in 2013, I've since moved from hoping to become a member to being President of the club... If anyone has any questions about the club, let me know.

DuneHopper and Joe Link like this.
  7. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Congrats on your promotion :D

8. GTD

GTD
    Damascus, OR

What time is the board meeting tonight?

9. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

Thanks ORN197,

I saw this the day you posted, but have been really busy. I tried the contact (email) the person in the linklisted above, but it bounces. I was hoping to get my son into the Cascade League match a while ago, as he has just started highpower and is still pretty intimated with it all the procedural elements of a match. So a low key 100 yard match would have been perfect for him.

I would have contacted Barry at DRRC as my boy had just shot the Service Rifle Clinic match there and Barry pointed out Estacada's' upcoming match, but he was out of town. I hear the range is very nice, I'm sorry we missed the match.

10. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground

Thanks, it's nice to have a direct contact point. Do you have a website, or could you put up more info on your FB page? I hate to pepper folks with questions if there is a simpler method to gather the data.

11. ORN197

ORN197
    Newberg

DLS,

Cascade League is a lot of fun. As you say, relaxed for the new folks with plenty of coaching, and a good opportunity for the rest of us to ease back into it.

Our next match is at 200 yds at DRRC, but if your son has some prior experience with Highpower and Service Rifle, it might be worth asking Carl if he'd be OK with your soon shooting the next match. Can't hurt to ask; his contact info is on that schedule, try his phone. The upcoming match features a clinic on Saturday (no live fire) and the actual 200 (reduced) match on Sunday.

We'll shoot a few more 100-yd matches after that but they're all for classification and thus run more tightly. Beyond those, it's all XTC from here on out.