JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the heads up. Easy money indeed.

Bizarrely, my data was impacted, but my wife's not. Same last name and our finances have been intertwined for the better part of two decades.

You only get the $125.00 if you have credit monitoring service from the time you you file the claim and keep it for 6 months. Or free credit monitoring from them.
Thanks for the heads up though mine was comprised as well.
Stacy
Edit - see Wayne # 6 post

Last Edited:
I already have credit monitoring in place, so didn't need their additional. (A little over ten years ago, some piece of work repeatedly tried opening accounts with my information. Since then, I've put a freeze on new accounts unless I authorize them, and monitor it. We have a good credit score and I need to keep it that way.)

You only get the $125.00 if you have credit monitoring service from the time you you file the claim and keep it for 6 months. Or free credit monitoring from them.
Thanks for the heads up though mine was comprised as well.
Stacy
Credit Karma counts as a credit monitoring service and it is free.

We have Credit monitoring from 2 of our Credit cards for free. I put our info in there for each of us and it said we were not impacted. Wife did get into trouble a year ago when we moved. Somehow they got enough on her to start opening accounts but not on me. It was the credit monitoring that tipped me. Got a couple hits that she had opened a couple new accounts. Took a lot of phone calls to get it to stop.

Make sure that you choose the "time spent" option. You can claim up to ten hours with no need for documentation and they pay an additional $25/hr. For example, 9 hours spent reviewing credit card and bank statements and one hour spent with credit bureaus for credit freezes. That would give you $25 x ten hours on top of the $125 settlement. Get your claims in quick though as they only allotted a certain amount for general claims.
Yeah, you read that right.

Looks like Capital One just made Equifax look like small potatoes: https://www.cyberscoop.com/capital-one-data-breach-credit-cards/

Financial giant Capital One announced a large data breach Monday, with the company saying that one person accessed personal information on up to 100 million people in the United States and 6 million in Canada who had applied for or are currently considered users of the company's credit cards.

Looks like Capital One just made Equifax look like small potatoes: https://www.cyberscoop.com/capital-one-data-breach-credit-cards/

Financial giant Capital One announced a large data breach Monday, with the company saying that one person accessed personal information on up to 100 million people in the United States and 6 million in Canada who had applied for or are currently considered users of the company's credit cards.

I was just reading that one too. Shows why it's a good idea to at least have monitoring. At leas then you get a notice that accounts are being opened or people are trying to do so. Still leaves it up to you to fix the mess but at least you get a warning.

I was just reading that one too. Shows why it's a good idea to at least have monitoring. At leas then you get a notice that accounts are being opened or people are trying to do so. Still leaves it up to you to fix the mess but at least you get a warning.
After several breeches over the last few years I have monitoring already provided to me. I'm not sure it's worth a flip. My monitoring through Amex has been pretty darned good though, I must say. Time to get some cash out of these incompetent corporate nitwits.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top