JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK the more I read the more confused I get.

I received approval to make an SBR using my B&T APC45Pro. Since the APC45Pro already has a unique serial number engraved on the receiver do I still need to engrave the name of my gun trust on the receiver?

My GUESS is no but I'd like to hear from others that have gone before me.

Bill

PS: I filed the e-form 1 on July 1 and received that approval e-mail today July 8. I'm happy with that turn around time.

Individual:

Joe Bob
BFE, Egypt

Trust:

Job Bob NFA Trust
BFE, Egypt

Ok. Thanks!

I've found the specs for the engraving. Now I wonder if a regular trophy shop can do this?

Bill
Call around. Some trophy shops hate guns. If you can find a laser engraver, I'd say go that direction. Laser is cleaner looking and usually much faster.

Was this the first time creating a trust?
I'm thinking of going the trust route with sbrs exclusively.
I went the trust route based on the recommendation from a trusted firearms instructor. It took about 6 weeks to gather passport photos, fingerprints, notary for all. It was a pain. But it got approved.

I'm an older guy (74) and the advise I got was that it's a lot easier to pass my guns onto my grandson via a trust.

I used

Seemed to work well.

Curios and lazy, LOL - what are the specs? I assume it's font, height, and engraving depth? I'll hopefully be in the same situation this summer.

For NFA engraving https://www.hyperionprecision.com/services in Kent has a great reputation. Looks it's $35 same day.
Just to close out this thread. Thank you 3MTA3 for the recommendation to go to Hyperion Precision in Kent for laser engraving. Very nice gentleman helped be get the required ATF engraving as well as a personal statement. So I want to share what it all looks like after the engraving.

2022-07-21 09.10.31.jpg 2022-07-26 11.35.50.jpg 2022-07-21 14.23.28.jpg 2022-07-21 14.23.25.jpg

Last Edited:
Some trophy shops wont do guns because it dulls stylus engravers not usually because they hate guns. Those things are made for soft metal like cheap trophies are made from, brass plaques etc. Most shops have lasers these days and lasers dont care.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top