JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd be happy if that just happened in Portland... flippin' bike nazis snarling up traffic on PURPOSE.

I think it was Michael Savage who suggestedvthat when the cyclists do those critical mass rides and block off intersections, go and ride in a wheel chair across the street.
It's a brilliant idea. They would not get any sympathy if they crashed into someone in a wheel chair.

where do you get this nonsense? China owns very little of our debt. we are quite capable of servicing our debt at current levels. our debt to gdp ratio has been much higher in the past. we currently run high yearly deficits which is the concern BUT the main driver is the recession. China is also in a recession and quite frankly they need us to consume more then we need them to mfg. their population is already demanding higher wages and cheap mfg is moving to southeast asia. Quit the red scare nonsense. dont be an ignorant tool. learn and understand the basics. Countries all have debt, all the time. maybe some oil rich postage stamp out there is the exception but goddamn man take off your tinfoil hat and start reading credible sources and educate yourself.

/rant

Are you kidding? Our debt ratio is not servicable. The only reason we can service the current debt is because we borrow money to do so. As a nation we're like that stupid loser who is taking a cash advance from a brand new credit card to make his minimum payment on the existing one, all the while the outstanding debt is growing.
Things have gotten so bad that now the Fed is buying majority of our debt.
You're right on the point that China does not own the majority of our debt. They are smart enough to have stopped buying and had been selling (very quietly).

Are you kidding? Our debt ratio is not servicable. The only reason we can service the current debt is because we borrow money to do so. As a nation we're like that stupid loser who is taking a cash advance from a brand new credit card to make his minimum payment on the existing one, all the while the outstanding debt is growing.
Things have gotten so bad that now the Fed is buying majority of our debt.
You're right on the point that China does not own the majority of our debt. They are smart enough to have stopped buying and had been selling (very quietly).

So why not raise revenues AND make cuts where appropriate? Doing one or the other .... or defaulting on our debt is a sure fire recipe for economic calamity. We need leadership, compromise, and an immediate stand down on the partisan baloney from BOTH sides.

So why not raise revenues AND make cuts where appropriate? Doing one or the other .... or defaulting on our debt is a sure fire recipe for economic calamity. We need leadership, compromise, and an immediate stand down on the partisan baloney from BOTH sides.

Because the Dems (and some republicians) do not want to reduce spending...everyone is circling THEIR wagon to protect THEIR votes.

What would work? Do what Ron Paul advocated...defund (min) or do completely away with (repeal the law) that created the EPA, the Dept of ED, HUD, Dept of Energy, Homeland (in)security, the TSA, The DEA, the ATF, cancel the War on drugs, cancel the war in Afganistan.

That means, get out of the regulating business...if the states what to waste their maoney...let them...the Federal Gov has no business in any of the above (and more)

And guess what, if that happened, you would not need to raise taxes, and the business environment would improve to the point that business would stay in the US, rather than leave to avoid the regulation that strangles our businesses.

Because the Dems (and some republicians) do not want to reduce spending...everyone is circling THEIR wagon to protect THEIR votes.

What would work? Do what Ron Paul advocated...defund (min) or do completely away with (repeal the law) that created the EPA, the Dept of ED, HUD, Dept of Energy, Homeland (in)security, the TSA, The DEA, the ATF, cancel the War on drugs, cancel the war in Afganistan.

That means, get out of the regulating business...if the states what to waste their maoney...let them...the Federal Gov has no business in any of the above (and more)

And guess what, if that happened, you would not need to raise taxes, and the business environment would improve to the point that business would stay in the US, rather than leave to avoid the regulation that strangles our businesses.

I am sure the government knows that but for some reason will not do what they know they should. It seems like they are purposely trying to destroy this once great nation of Ours.

QUOTE]

I do agree with some of what you say but not all, yes the government has there fingers in way to much, Get rid of the federal tax code and that would solve a lot, deregulating schools and drug enforcement agencies not so much a good idea, Ive been all over the world and seen first hand what a country looks like who does not regulate ed and drug enforcement, look no further than Mexico when it comes to drug control ! not a pretty situation down there, and the school system is non existent from Mexico south. yes pull out of the middle east and let them figure it out, sorry Israel its time to fight your own battles, I would love to see business thrive in our own country but until the rich who own the business stop with the greed its never going to work, but we the people need not be so greedy also, look at the housing boom of the 90's and the bust in the 2000's it wasn't big business or the government that did this it was the every day person that was selling goods for well above what they were worth and borrowing on homes that were over valued. it goes on and on and on. we need to stop it and not rely on the government to do it for us. Just MHO.

QUOTE]

I do agree with some of what you say but not all, yes the government has there fingers in way to much, Get rid of the federal tax code and that would solve a lot, deregulating schools and drug enforcement agencies not so much a good idea, Ive been all over the world and seen first hand what a country looks like who does not regulate ed and drug enforcement, look no further than Mexico when it comes to drug control ! not a pretty situation down there, and the school system is non existent from Mexico south. yes pull out of the middle east and let them figure it out, sorry Israel its time to fight your own battles, I would love to see business thrive in our own country but until the rich who own the business stop with the greed its never going to work, but we the people need not be so greedy also, look at the housing boom of the 90's and the bust in the 2000's it wasn't big business or the government that did this it was the every day person that was selling goods for well above what they were worth and borrowing on homes that were over valued. it goes on and on and on. we need to stop it and not rely on the government to do it for us. Just MHO.

Can you tell me what article in the US Constitution states that the national government should control the nations schools, or what substances should be considered "bad" for you? I can show you where the constitution states that those things not specifically given to the national government, beklong to the states. Those are things the national government has no business in. How the states run their schools is up to the individual states, with no co-ersion from the national government.

If you do not like the way your state handles public education, then work at the state level to fix it...do not try to force every school system to meet the lowest national common denominator. The Department of ED is just a bully pulpit for the NEA and a waste of money.

Years ago when I was working for Sperry Univac I set up a way to save money...worked well enough that we ended up branch of the year and had corporate asking why our cost numbers were so low, and customer satisfaction was top in the US. When I had explained what we had done, corporate tried to FORCE all the other branches to do the same...it was a disaster. Why? Because we had a couple unique situations where we could use voluntary manpower that was underutilized, and corporate tried it by hiring new people just to function withn the plan...the expenses went way up for those branches, and the process failed.

Like my system, it is the same when it comes to education...what works one place, may not work somewhere else.

As for drug control...Prohibition did not work (18th amendment), drug policy and durg control is doing exactly what prohibition did years ago. It has contibuted to a lot of criminal activity.. A bunch of 2 bit punks are getting very wealthy, a lot of people are being killed or incarcerated...and guns were being blamed for it (NFA34). or As Jimmy Carter said in 1972...oh, they don't think we have a oil crisis do they, well, let's give them one. And as the present Mayor of Chicago said...never let a good crisis go to waste.

We did not have a drug crisis, so they gave us one...it is all about control, it has nothing to do with drugs. Like alcohol, if a state (or even county) wants to be "dry" (will not sell alcohol), that is their problem...don't give that problem to the whole country...same goes for "drugs"...quite specifically MJ, but the same goes for all of the other drugs too. Just like FDR just kept on drinking during prohibition...you can bet Ob and Clinton and their cornies enjoy relaxing with a bowl and laughing at all the sheep that have bought into their lies.

The problem came with the 16th and 17th ammendments...The national government was no longer beholding to the states and has run rampant since.

Nope.

I don't invest a nanosecond in controlling the thoughts of others. I do, however, enjoy investing a few minutes each day poking people in the eye when they post goofy stuff like "what if there is a Chinese invasion" and " what if there are UN re-education camps". Goofy stuff deserves goofy replies.

guess that's why several people gave you a few goofy replies

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads