JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for an enclosed trailer for hauling all my crap. I need 8' interior width and thinking either 20' or 24' length with ~6.5' celling.

This will be used for hauling things like my ATV's and bikes. I want to use it double duty for place to camp in if we do an overnight trip or something. I am not looking at toy haulers cause they are not big enough on the inside nor would I use it enough to justify the cost.

Can you guys recommend a couple good brands and why? How about any good local dealers? Would even consider getting into Portland area for a good dealer with a good price cause I will pay less in tax at home (only 7.6% still) then buying anywhere else in state were they are usually (8.5%+).

I have had many enclosed trailers and I have been very happy with pace trailers. They are not the cheapest but they are excellent quality. Currently I have a 24ft enclosed pace gt and it has outlasted 2 toy haulers. Great construction, heavy duty frame and reinforced corners have always been pace's trademark.

I had a 16ft interstate enclosed trailer for about a year. Decent trailer but it was bare bones. Looking at other interstate trailers they pretty much seemed to be the same. I couldn't get used to their plywood interior or their thinner than thin sheet metal. I guess it came down to one you own something of high quality it's easy to see the shortcomings of another brand. That being said, you get what you pay for.

99west trailers is a great place to pick one up. They have a very good selection and prices are very good. About 90% of the trailers I see has a 99west sticker on them. There is also a 99east dealer also. Googling will take you to their website.

I agree that Paces are some of the best. The race team I use to pit for used one, a 34'. Growing up, my dad had a 24' for our quads. Definatly, do not get the bare bones trailer. At work, we have a "Mule". It is the biggest pile of junk! Every day that I'm in it I want to smash it with my excavator, just so they will buy something better. It tows like crap, and is has actually twisted. It is made by Forest River, somewhere in Oregon...they also make Cargo Mate, another flimsy pile...Spend the money and get a Pace, mid to upper end Interstate, or a Wells Cargo. I'd recomend stepping up to the wider side door (48"), with the "RV" style door latch. Also, you may be able to add cabinets and what not cheaper, aftermarket, but if you can afford the factory options, do it, it's well worth it to have them "built in", not added.

Thanks for the info guys. Kinda forgot about this thread and it got buried.

This is the trailer I was looking at the other day, Carry-On Trailer - 8.5X24CGR - 7,000 - 10,000 lb. GVWR 8.5 ft. Wide Enclosed Trailers I did some looking online and didnt find any bad reviews about them. They seem like they are a decent middle of the road trailer. I know times are tough and the guy had a few of them sitting on the lot. He was throwing out offers even when I told him I was just tire kicking. Compared to prices of what I was seeing people ask on CL.

I've never heard of carry on trailers so I can't speak bad about them. The construction of the coach looks decent. Inside looks bare bones with some add ons. I guess it depends on what their asking for them and how much money you have to work with. One thing I noticed right off is the tongue of the trailer. Judging by the pics the tongue looks very small for a 24ft trailer. My 20ft weekend warrior has a bigger tongue than that. Usually people wouldn't notice the size but I actually broke a weekend warrior in half because the frame was underrated for the coach and it was bigger than the tongue in those pics.

If the price is right and you don't plan on carrying much weight then you will have to weigh your options if it's worth it to you. Having my experiences of what I have gone through I won't buy a trailer unless the frame is heavy duty.

I would suggest looking at other manufactures websites and comparing their trailers to the carry on trailer and go from their. Last thing you want is to spend you hard earned money on something only to have coach problems because of a flimsy frame.

Also, try to stay away from any trailer that has a zieman manufactured frame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top