JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Liquid gel clear hand sanitizer. The small individual use size. Lots of times available at the discount stores for about 25 cents or so. A big glob burns with a blue flame. Hot enough to hold your tin cup over to get the water boiling for instant whatever.

My sister order two of these last Xmas.
Little kit that can be put in a car or backpack.
What ever.has light compus Flint TACTICAL PEN. I think they also make MED KITS. MVIMG_20181205_163118.jpg
MVIMG_20181205_163032.jpg MVIMG_20181205_163047.jpg

All good suggestions! I have multiple different things. Lint is fine but I like people that do other stuff. I have a magnifying glass, cotton ball with petroleum, magnesium, flint and steel, ferro rod, bic lighter, road flare, fat wood, soy/beeswax candles, penny stove, and I can't remember what else. Lol... soy/beeswax candles are small and burn longer than anything else.

Take a large plastic straw. Cut it in two inch pieces. Stuff it with cotton impregnated with petroleum jelly and then heat/melt the ends and pinch with pliers to seal it. Water proof fire starter. Slice one open, fluff out the cotton, hit it with a spark, and it will burn for at least 5 minutes.

I have to say that the idea is great and I will try it myself. My biggest complaint/problem is that he said paraffin wax! Umm yeah I will not be using paraffin wax! It's toxic and you can use a combination of beeswax and soy wax. Not toxic and burns better. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I have to say that the idea is great and I will try it myself. My biggest complaint/problem is that he said paraffin wax! Umm yeah I will not be using paraffin wax! It's toxic and you can use a combination of beeswax and soy wax. Not toxic and burns better. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Or, avoid breathing nothing but the fumes.

P

I use something similar. I take a old kitchen towel, soak it in melted wax, and then roll it up tight. After it cools, I cut it in sections.

The advantage is that I can tear off small sections or use the entire roll if needed. Plus I can simply toss a couple in my pack and not have to worry about Vaseline leaking in my pack.

20181224_063502.jpg

Last Edited:
AKOperator47: I don't know where you got your information but Paraffin has been used in home canning for years. I don't think I have ever heard of it being toxic. It certainly doesn't say it is on the label.

You can use a battery and steel wool. Just touch the the steel wool with the pos and neg and it'll buRn, a 9 volt works well. I think that petroleum jelly and cotton is the best. Get a big bag of cotton balls, and then melt the petroleum jelly in a container and pour it over the cotton balls. then mix it up. Burns like the devil.

You can use sugar and potassium permanganate. just mix them together and grind them with the end of a stick and it'll burn, but not for long.

Could always use sugar and sulphur mix it in a pot and melt it over electric heat. Pour into a small container, wide mouth. Used it way back as a solid rocket propellant. Smoky but burns very well. Be very very careful making this.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top