JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0791.JPG LOL yeah I feel soooo safe... Oh wait...

I've a nice bit of land and am often out on a tractor mowing or plowing, etc. I all too often see coyote standing out in one of my fields or parked just inside the tree line and want something smallish I can use to pop them. "Why a .40 S&W?" you ask? Because I don't want to have to load another caliber. Ranges would rarely exceed 100m.

Basically I want to build a beater that I can shove into a scabbard for those rare shots I'd need to take. I'm leaning towards picking up used furniture and going with an 80% from New Frontier. I have also never held an AR so this is gonna be fun.
Might be late to the party but the kel-tech sub 2000 comes in 40 and they can come in Glock or s&w mags. Plus they fold up to a small size.

Might be late to the party but the kel-tech sub 2000 comes in 40 and they can come in Glock or s&w mags. Plus they fold up to a small size.

I'm amused at people trying to push me to 9mm or to a Sub2k. Gonna build this as an AR-40 despite any advice to the contrary. Figured people would want to offer advice on what direction to go with the build, not hand me a map to a different city.

Strangely enough I deleted the original post for that specific reason and a while later it somehow returned to the pre-edit condition.

I'm amused at people trying to push me to 9mm or to a Sub2k. Gonna build this as an AR-40 despite any advice to the contrary. Figured people would want to offer advice on what direction to go with the build, not hand me a map to a different city.

Strangely enough I deleted the original post for that specific reason and a while later it somehow returned to the pre-edit condition.
you went to a gun site and ask for advice. people are just trying to suggest you into a better direction. there's no reason to be a douchebag about it.

I think KAW Valley just got a bunch of .40 barrels back in stock. Seems to take a while for some companies production runs. I was originally on the wait list for a Tenn Arms Poly Glock lower but when their July date lapsed and no email or update on their site. From my experience that is bad juju so I cancelled. I just wish the 80%ers weren't more expensive than the FFL lowers.

Last Edited:
I went with .40 for my handgun before I went to the police academy for it's compromise between the stopping power of the .45 and the over penetration of a 9mm. I know everyone has their opinions on this so I went with the middle road.

It's still harder to get AR40 parts than 9mm and even harder for .45.

Gun show is next week and I'll get some feedback on the availability this time around but I think the changes have been incremental.

I say the AR is a cool build. Anytime you build your own, you own it. It's yours, even more so when you cut it from and 80%.

I'm sure your coyotes won't ever know the difference but I'm sure you will have fun building it.

I've got a fully set up Sub2000 Gen2 for Glock 22 mags in 40. I love it! Everything comes down to the mags and I can't imagine there are good mag options for an AR-40. But you'd be well served by Glock mags. You can get 15rd, 22rd, and get base plate extensions from Dawson or Taylor Freelance. Probably only need 15 anyway for your use, anyway.

Last Edited:
there's no reason to be a douchebag about it.

I have this incredible idea; How about you put me on ignore and get out of my thread before the words I use require either a dictionary or google? If you look at my original post I outlined what I wanted. Shortly after that I reiterated what I wanted and why I wanted it that way. Calling me out because I expressed dismay at people trying to steer me away from my project goal is a pretty lame reaction to the situation.

Now you can take your opinion and walk. Thank you for the input.

Last Edited:
Am I supposed to be scared? I'm not the one that's such a snow flake that I got upset because people made suggestions after I posted on a gun forum. Maybe you should learn how forms work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top