JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
We're having some Electricity Problems and I was wondering if one of the Members here might do Electrical Work up in the Snohomish Area?

if so, we can talk more and I can give you some additional information about what we need done.

Thanks in Advance! :):):)

Mike

We're having some Electricity Problems and I was wondering if one of the Members here might do Electrical Work up in the Snohomish Area?

if so, we can talk more and I can give you some additional information about what we need done.

Thanks in Advance! :):):)

Mike
I'm a while collar man myself. But I'm semi decent at doing my own work:
What's your situation ?

I believe there's a short up in the Attic. It seems they did a remodel and put the Bathrooms on the same circuit as the Garage Outlets. Weird I know!

There's also some other issues that have to be addressed but that's the Main One.

One Step at a time.

I believe there's a short up in the Attic. It seems they did a remodel and put the Bathrooms on the same circuit as the Garage Outlets. Weird I know!

There's also some other issues that have to be addressed but that's the Main One.

One Step at a time.
Ok!
Not to keep you running through the loop here, but what have you the thought it was in the attic?

So, garages and bathrooms both require 20 amp circuits. They probably loaded them both on the same breaker. Do you have a breaker that keeps tripping? If thats the issue you're going to have to keep that heater use to a minimum in the garage.

We've replaced both Breakers but still have lights not working so we're still wondering.

it seems there's Two Shorts in the Attic and just need someone to go up and take a look. :)

Your description is vague. What makes you think you have shorts? Are your breakers tripping? or do you have lights that don't work? outlets not working? are the breakers GFI breakers, if you have outlets not working are they GFI outlets if non GFI outlets are not working is there a chance they have GFI outlets up stream from them? You mention a bathroom remodel, when was it done? have the affected circuits worked at any time since the remodel?

Common practice in the 1980s was to wire one GFCI receptacle in the garage. The bathroom and outdoor
receptacle was wired down stream of the GFCI receptacle in the garage.o_O Shorts in the attic are
rare and a cable could have been damaged during a remodel but not likely. Most likely problem
are an issue at the receptacles. Residential work common to use the stab in "rapid wire" terminals on the back of the receptacle. These connections go bad and kills the circuit downstream. Replace and 'Pigtail'
the receptacles as they do in commercial and industrial work.
Parallel-Wiring1.jpg

Yeah, hit the gfci in the bathroom
The GFIs have already been checked and are good with proper wiring.

Your description is vague. What makes you think you have shorts? Are your breakers tripping? or do you have lights that don't work? outlets not working? are the breakers GFI breakers, if you have outlets not working are they GFI outlets if non GFI outlets are not working is there a chance they have GFI outlets up stream from them? You mention a bathroom remodel, when was it done? have the affected circuits worked at any time since the remodel?
edzz; Breakers have been tripping and have been replaced. No GFI Breakers. Everything was working when we moved in in July. Problems started a couple months later. I'm not sure when the remodel was done or if it was done.
Common practice in the 1980s was to wire one GFCI receptacle in the garage. The bathroom and outdoor
receptacle was wired down stream of the GFCI receptacle in the garage.o_O Shorts in the attic are
rare and a cable could have been damaged during a remodel but not likely. Most likely problem
are an issue at the receptacles. Residential work common to use the stab in "rapid wire" terminals on the back of the receptacle. These connections go bad and kills the circuit downstream. Replace and 'Pigtail'
the receptacles as they do in commercial and industrial work.
View attachment 558859

Thanks for all the Great advice!

Well the Best news ever is that a local Electrician has just called and we're good to go! We have him Scheduled for next Thursday because of all my Medical Appointments but at least it's on the Schedule and that's the Important Part.

Again, Thanks to Everyone!

I'll close this shortly.

Mike and She :):):)

I'm sure you dont have aluminum wire unless yer in a old manufactured home. On the previous point, I really cant even believe they ever even came up with the stab lock idea. Making it "easy" for homeowners to do their own electrical is bad juju.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top