JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but "at this point it does look like it's accidental," Sessions said.

That's good. I'd hate to think guys go to Lowes to shoot themselves in the testicles on purpose.

True, I prefer my local, independent hardware store unless I'm buying tools or major appliances.

Soooo.... accidental... in his waistband, no holster? Was he ghetto carrying it?

That is one of the reasons I refuse to carry any weapon without a holster that covers the trigger guard.

You can get good-quality pocket holsters or IWB clip holsters for less than $40 from Galco, High Noon, and DeSantis to name just a few. Plaxico Burress apparently couldnt be bothered to buy one, so he wound up blowing a divot out of his butt cheek and going to jail for a year when his gun "went off" in his pants. No thanks!

One of my carry pieces is a KelTec p-11 that I bought used. Its a great gun for the money and I admire KelTec as a company but I think its irresponsible of them to market "belt clips" as a safe method of carry. Mine had the clip on it and the first thing I did when I got it home was to remove the damn thing and then get online and order a High Noon "hidden ally" tuckable IWB holster for it. Best $40 I ever spent...

That is one of the reasons I refuse to carry any weapon without a holster that covers the trigger guard.

You can get good-quality pocket holsters or IWB clip holsters for less than $40 from Galco, High Noon, and DeSantis to name just a few. Plaxico Burress apparently couldnt be bothered to buy one, so he wound up blowing a divot out of his butt cheek and going to jail for a year when his gun "went off" in his pants. No thanks!

One of my carry pieces is a KelTec p-11 that I bought used. Its a great gun for the money and I admire KelTec as a company but I think its irresponsible of them to market "belt clips" as a safe method of carry. Mine had the clip on it and the first thing I did when I got it home was to remove the damn thing and then get online and order a High Noon "hidden ally" tuckable IWB holster for it. Best $40 I ever spent...

P-11 (I had one and now have a P-40/.357 Sig) you know how strong the trigger is. Should be 11-12 lbs pull. There is no way to AD with that much force needed!

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

$40 is a small investment to prevent castrating yourself or shooting yourself period. "Cheddar" Plax is still the butt of jokes. I know if I shot myself, people would be more than happy to remind me.

P-11 (I had one and now have a P-40/.357 Sig) you know how strong the trigger is. Should be 11-12 lbs pull. There is no way to AD with that much force needed!

I can think of ways.

I have a 55 lb Basset Hound that firmly believes he is a lap dog. If he were crawling on me or jumping up on me and one of his paws got inside the trigger guard thru my clothing.....

I agree that the likelihood of an AD is about 100,000 to one but when we are talking about my nuts, those odds arent good enough.

For me, a holster that covers the trigger guard is just a basic gun safety rule.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top