JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good article here from the Sun Sentinel detailing 8 officers who didn't go in at Stoneman. It gives their names, photos, what's become of them, salaries, etc...where applicable.

I don't believe this is everyone though. For example, that Capt. chick isn't included in this list.

Eight deputies heard gunfire at Stoneman Douglas but didn't rush in. Here are the consequences so far.

Sadly many LEO's will not run towards gun fire. Kid I used to work with recently got on and is now a full time LEO. When he was working with me and applying I played him the radio traffic of an LEO who was killed in the city here. Domestic, partners go in, kook shoots first one from upstairs. His partner ran from the house and left him to bleed out. The kid I played it for shook his head and said no way I would do that. I said same, I would at least like to think I would be trying to grab hold of the leg or arm of my partner with gun pointed at the stairwell. Try to pull partner with me. Not everyone can do this and most are not sure what they will do when faced with it in real life. I sure as hell hope I would not run for my life and leave the guy I went in with to bleed out screaming into my radio for help.

As i understood the news reports the first guy did not go in, then then next several arriving officers, were ordered not to go in.

It was then the nearby department officers that arrived and went inside.

Broward County needs to be used into bankruptcy.

Because of BCSO in action we are getting all these stupid bills foisted upon us.

This is an example of why we can not always depend on LE to be a substitute for our own self defense as many antis would have it. That and because 99.99% of armed robberies and home invasions happen before the police arrive.

Broward County needs to be used [sic] into bankruptcy.

I assume you meant "sued" into bankruptcy.

They are a government agency not a private business so they can't go bankrupt. Any judgements would ultimately be paid with taxpayer dollars, and politicians consider that to be an unlimited resource. There really is no incentive for them to improve unless the taxpayers demand it.

Last Edited:
As i understood the news reports the first guy did not go in, then then next several arriving officers, were ordered not to go in.
us.
Often in something like this the orders given by people who are not even there are a "problem". The people giving the orders are of course trying to see all under them go home at the end. This sadly does not always make things go better. When that kid shot up the mall here over a decade ago it was a great example of that. The "hostages" had the weapon, shooter was sleeping, person he shot is bleeding out. People inside who were tired of watching guy bleed out told Cops they were going to drag him out to medics. They were told they would be arrested, the said great we are coming with him you arrest us. So they then sent SWAT guys in due to the embarrassment that would cause to see the people drag the guy out. It was amazing the guy shot lived. Now the ones giving the orders they of course wanted the Officers safe but, still, the way it was handled was hard to watch and listen to.

I assume you meant "sued" into bankruptcy.

They are a government agency not a private business so they can't go bankrupt. Any judgements would ultimately be paid with taxpayer dollars, and politicians consider that to be an unlimited resource. There really is no incentive for them to improve unless the taxpayers demand it.

Yes "sued" auto spell check, I understand they can't go bankrupt part, I do work for .gov, more terminolgy than true meaning. But they can be sued so that insurance companies will not insure them or the cost is astronomical. As they raise tax rates the taxpayers, need to elect new city or county councils, and a new sheriff.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top