JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here own a EGO battery powered lawn mower?

If so, I want to check if you are finding that the blade of the mower is a bit on the thin and soft side?

I have the EGO 21" Select Cut Self-Propelled lawn mower, the one with the crossed blade. On my property, due to the many trees on my own and also my neighbor's yard, I tend to get all kinds of small twigs and acorns etc on the lawn. When mowing the lawn, I'll sometimes hit those accidentally and I've noticed that the blades get notched easily.

On the flip side though, the blades are very easy to sharpen. I grind them with a batter powered angle grinder and 60 grit flap disc and the blades sharpen up very quickly and easily. Just a few passes and the metal is grinded back and the notches removed.

Want to check, is this your experience too?

This is my first lawn mower however so I don't have others to compare it too. Are the blades on other lawn mowers similarly soft?

Thanks.

Does anyone here own a EGO battery powered lawn mower?

If so, I want to check if you are finding that the blade of the mower is a bit on the thin and soft side?

I have the EGO 21" Select Cut Self-Propelled lawn mower, the one with the crossed blade. On my property, due to the many trees on my own and also my neighbor's yard, I tend to get all kinds of small twigs and acorns etc on the lawn. When mowing the lawn, I'll sometimes hit those accidentally and I've noticed that the blades get notched easily.

On the flip side though, the blades are very easy to sharpen. I grind them with a batter powered angle grinder and 60 grit flap disc and the blades sharpen up very quickly and easily. Just a few passes and the metal is grinded back and the notches removed.

Want to check, is this your experience too?

This is my first lawn mower however so I don't have others to compare it too. Are the blades on other lawn mowers similarly soft?

Thanks.
I don't know about the blade, personally, but I can tell you as someone who knows, that the Home Depot chain has quit purchasing from EGo due to having to return an incredibly high amount of their products due to poor quality.

I don't know about the blade, personally, but I can tell you as someone who knows, that the Home Depot chain has quit purchasing from EGo due to having to return an incredibly high amount of their products due to poor quality.

I did find this surprising myself. I own quite a bit of EGO power tools:
- Lawn mower. 21 inch select cut self-propelled.
- Multi-head with string trimmer, cultivator, bristle brush broom and edger.
- Leaf blower 650cfm version.

They all work well and I've got no reasons to return them, thus I was surprised when I found out Home Depot stopped carrying them and Lowes took over their retail sales instead.

After a year of use for all the power tools, the only thing I had to service is the lawn mower blade and hence the question. I'm not sure if it is normal for all lawn mower blades to be notched as part of their regular use or is this something specific only to EGO's lawn mower blades.

I did find this surprising myself. I own quite a bit of EGO power tools:
- Lawn mower. 21 inch select cut self-propelled.
- Multi-head with string trimmer, cultivator, bristle brush broom and edger.
- Leaf blower 650cfm version.

They all work well and I've got no reasons to return them, thus I was surprised when I found out Home Depot stopped carrying them and Lowes took over their retail sales instead.

After a year of use for all the power tools, the only thing I had to service is the lawn mower blade and hence the question. I'm not sure if it is normal for all lawn mower blades to be notched as part of their regular use or is this something specific only to EGO's lawn mower blades.
On a light week, I'd be shipping 10-15 of those mowers back to our reverse logistics center. Same with their other products. I'm glad you seem to have gotten some good ones.

I'd want a blade that's semi soft. I don't want it to be brittle and shatter when going around by my toes.

Blade checking should be a yearly checklist thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top