JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who carries a fixed blade? If you do what kind and in what configuration do you carry it? Legalities set aside. I am not looking to carry a Kbar like Jax Teller on Sons of Anarchy, I'm more of a fan of the concealed approach. Lol. Thanks.

I carry a Puuko, just off my belt, I don't see any need for concealment. It will shave you MUCH closer than you will find comfortable. As I said elsewhere, I don't TRUST folding knives.

The times I do carry a fixed blade knife as some sort of EDC ...its this one...

DSC06039.jpg

Or the one shown below with the antler handle...On the right as you look at the picture.

DSC06772.jpg

Had a couple of these over the years View attachment 830971
I have one of these as well. It is ok but I am not a huge fan of the angled handle. Ideally I want something to carry horizontally along the waist line. I am not fond of things around my neck and have never really liked the ankle/boot knife idea. Although if I could find some way to securely attach a knife to the inside of my cowboy boots I may try it.

I have one of these as well. It is ok but I am not a huge fan of the angled handle. Ideally I want something to carry horizontally along the waist line. I am not fond of things around my neck and have never really liked the ankle/boot knife idea. Although if I could find some way to securely attach a knife to the inside of my cowboy boots I may try it.
It's not a great knife for functionality.
More of a stabby slashy option with a ton of mounting options.
Usually a 5th or 6th on body, or an in vehicle off body.

I make what I call a cross draw sheath, though I personally use it on my strong side, either above my back pocket, or next to my buckle, depending on what I'm doing. They sit at a natural draw angle and hang just hidden by the hem of a carhartt t-shirt. Works well with a small knife, these are about a 3"blade. 20170224_155046.jpg 20170225_110354.jpg 20170224_154846.jpg

I just Bought a Buck Selkirk. The smaller of the two. I like it quite well,
I was mildly pissed when i found out it is made China ! At first i did not care for the Kydex sheath but it is growing on me...tj

I just Bought a Buck Selkirk. The smaller of the two. I like it quite well,
I was mildly pissed when i found out it is made China ! At first i did not care for the Kydex sheath but it is growing on me...tj
I like the looks of that one. I was unhappy to see the China thing as well, but SOME quality things do come out of there. The kydex is a total fail. There's enough plastic in the world.

I've gone to folding knives in the past decade but I used to carry a little CRKT HAWK K-AT. It's a handy little all weather thing. It'll probably end up my go/EDC bag.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top