JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, So this is my issue: I have a box of hornady 9mm critical hollow point ammo. I load the gun, chamber a round and try to cycle through the ammunition. After the first round is chambered, the slide is jammed and won't eject. I have to pry the slide with alot of force to get it to eject.

I've shot probably 600 rounds through it with target ammo and not a single issue. So i got a box of magtech guardian gold hollow point and the gun has no ejecting issues...

My dad got me a box of CORBON hollow point and they are doing the same thing as the hornady! I loaded each of the different brand hollow point through a glock 19 with no issues. What do you think the problem is?

The bullet in the middle of the picture jams but the other two load and eject fine.
IMG_20130310_234132_zpsfba5dfe2.jpg

I am no expert but my first thought is what happened to me with a gun I had that had a match grade barrel. Certain rounds would not fully chamber because of the tighter tolerances of the barrel. Then like you found out, it takes a fair amount of force to get the slide back and the round out. If you remove your barrel you can test fit rounds that work and what rounds don't.
Good luck and stay safe.
Mike

As you can see on the round in the middle the bullets straight part goes well above the case. The bullets straight part is most likely coming in contact with the rifling in the barrel. We had this problem with Wifeys Kimber Pro Aegis 9mm and my 124gr reloads. I was able to reduce OAL to accomodate and it works fine. I had purchased some Berry's HPs that I didn't feel comfortable with how much I needed to reduce OAL and sold them. I use Montana Gold 124gr JHPs now.

I'm guessing here, but is that middle round 124gr or heavyer? You might find that defensive rounds in 115gr or lighter will cycle fine.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top