JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered on the 27th.
Box was sitting on the front porch this AM.

Will withhold judgement until someone with more knowledge than me looks things over.

But post #20 above sounds like it was written by someone who knows what's what.
I am worried and looking forward to Reno's final analysis.

I'll put mine together in the next couple days and report back.

What would be interesting is to see a photo of all parts to compare them and see if parts are even uniform from kit to kit. The impression I got was kind of a "grab bag" part kit and may or may not be similar to what someone else might receive(?)

I think it is an iPhone glitch. I don't have the page numbers at the top or bottom when I'm vertical. They show when horizontally.
Partially, maybe. Laptop it shows pages at the top, but not the bottom. It appears to be unique to different sub directories though. Main threads both top and bottom appear as usual.

Well, I'd like to say I can snap some pictures of a complete ghetto blaster, but I can't.

I am your guinea pig, and by being your Guinea pig I can 100% state that this is a "Too good to be true"

AVOID DURKIN TACTICAL

After opening the package, which it was packed well and shipped quickly, and finding the upper. I knew. The BCG was stored in the upper for shipping. Yet it was wedged in the upper. IE something was off spec. The upper was grossly out of spec. There was no way the BCG was going to move freely within it, and it fit absolutely zero of the lowers I tried to get it on.

The rail is absolute garbage. I knew this going in, but damn. The threads were stripped out of the box. Looked like someone forced the steel lock nut over the soft aluminum.

The buffer tube is also garbage.

The LPK is questionable at best.

The bolt passed headspace on the barrel. The barrel looks decent. The BCG measured correctly in the places I spec'd.

I'll keep it together in the box until I replace some of the crap parts.

I reached out to DURKIN to see what they would say. I'll let you all know what happens from there.
I almost jumped on this deal but went with a $360 complete PSA in ODG. The PSA wasn't bad with the Magpul furniture, definitely not a premium kit. Hope Durikin makes it good with you.

Got a reply to my email. Lady states that they can replace the items depending on what I did to them lol…

My response…

Hi Sarah,

I still have them. Due to the price, $220, I didn't expect quality so I figured I'd give it a go trying to get what I received to work. I am an honest person as well so I'll admit I did try to make them work before contacting you all. Again, at $220, I wasn't surprised by what I got.

So… I tried my best to "get them to work". By "get them to work" I drilled the lugs on the upper to attempt to get them to fit with any of my lowers. To which after opening the holes up quite a bit I did manage to get it to mount on one lower and though the pins were very tight it worked. It was still a poor fit though! Then I attempted to get the carrier to actually slide freely within the receiver. I got it to slide freely, until I realized it wouldn't matter as the upper doesn't even mate up well enough to any lower to allow the carrier to even travel correctly into the buffer tube. Learned that after the below occurred.

On to the rail. Being that the threads where already stripped, I tried correcting the threads using the steel lock ring, as a threading die of sort. Once threading the quad rail onto the barrel nut I learned that the rail was not going to thread completely on due to the threads. After essentially getting it stuck by cross cutting threads attempting to install it I gave up and tried to remove it, but the threads were non-existing at that point, and I just cut the thing off. Then I gobbled up the barrel nut trying to get it off.

Long story short, I butchered off spec and or poor quality parts attempting to make face of the poor decision falling for a ridiculously inexpensive AR kit that turned out to be "too good to be true" priced. I blame Gun.deals for running a bunch of adds for you guys honestly more than you all!

I figured I test the customer service out since your webpage has nothing but 5 star reviews. See what you all want to do with this info.

Thanks,

Reno

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. If nothing else, I suppose you got market rate for a barrel, BCG and lpk? High market, though.

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. If nothing else, I suppose you got market rate for a barrel, BCG and lpk? High market, though.
Lol, pretty much.

I didn't expect much going into it. My curiosity can really get me at times. That and I love a cheap project!

I won't spend a bunch, if they don't send fixer parts, on fixer parts. This guy will run, maybe not now, but it will!!!

I really hoped it would at least function off the bat, at that price plus a lower it would be pretty freaking cool that a working AR can be made/had so cheaply. I do enjoy the concept of companies providing anything related 2nd amendment at prices just about anyone can afford. I know they don't always execute them all the time, but that they are at least trying to provide these sort of things at extreme budget prices. Unfortunately, this is an example of one that took cheap a bit too far!

I'll keep ya all updated.

Durkin got back stating they appreciate the honesty but cannot issue a refund or exchange due to my modifying the product.

I didn't expect anything less. Was a smidgen of hope they might stand by their products. It's clear they don't likely do so.

Note that big of a deal. I'll use the parts I can.

Hopefully when folks search Google for Durkin tactical, perhaps this thread pops up. I don't think they will allow my review to stay up if it ever gets posted in their website anyways.

Definitely chalking it up as a "too good to be true" experience. You'd think I'd learned by now! Lol.

Definitely chalking it up as a "too good to be true" experience. You'd think I'd learned by now! Lol.
You're not alone. I tried a patmos slide as a cheap experiement and... after handling and specing the parts (LPK came with it)... I can't bring myself to use any of it. Not sure what the heck to do with them either and chalking it up as a learning experience I shoulda learned a long time ago, too.

I put a 2 star review up. They auto bumped it to a 3.5. Lol. Maybe that's why all the reviews are 5.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top