JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I'd like to say I can snap some pictures of a complete ghetto blaster, but I can't.

I am your guinea pig, and by being your Guinea pig I can 100% state that this is a "Too good to be true"

AVOID DURKIN TACTICAL

After opening the package, which it was packed well and shipped quickly, and finding the upper. I knew. The BCG was stored in the upper for shipping. Yet it was wedged in the upper. IE something was off spec. The upper was grossly out of spec. There was no way the BCG was going to move freely within it, and it fit absolutely zero of the lowers I tried to get it on.

The rail is absolute garbage. I knew this going in, but damn. The threads were stripped out of the box. Looked like someone forced the steel lock nut over the soft aluminum.

The buffer tube is also garbage.

The LPK is questionable at best.

The bolt passed headspace on the barrel. The barrel looks decent. The BCG measured correctly in the places I spec'd.

I'll keep it together in the box until I replace some of the crap parts.

I reached out to DURKIN to see what they would say. I'll let you all know what happens from there.
I had one bad experience with Durkin Tactical, I bought an 80% 308 lower from them & when I got done machining it on a 5D Tactical Jig, I noticed that the company who had prepped the lower had drilled the safety off-center, which made the safety refuse to stay clicked onto Safe. I called Durkin & explained the problem & they asked me to send the machined lower back to them (which I did) & then they refused to do anything about it. I eventually called my credit card company & asked to dispute the cost of the lower but the credit card company said they could only dispute the entire cost of the charge which was a couple hundred dollars, so I did. Durkin didn't challenge my dispute, so I got my lower money back plus another $100, which was real nice

BCA is a better viable budget option if you're a cheapskate'.
Their lpk's are ok imo, at least the specs are fine..
Their buffer tubes/stripped uppers all likely factory rejects out of spec... Their handguards are made from chinesium potmetal slag.

I ordered one as well. the barrel nut and quad rail are garbage but other than that everything looks good and went together easily. waiting on a 10 inch mlok rail I found on sale.

Sounds like the people that work for this company are ex century arms employees from back in the day with there superior quality skills. Lol

I ordered one as well. the barrel nut and quad rail are garbage but other than that everything looks good and went together easily. waiting on a 10 inch mlok rail I found on sale.
Thanks for posting.

I was reading on another forum a guy got a .223 wylde fluted (sort of) barrel so when they say 5.56/.223 that may mean one, or the other or wylde... based on inventory.

My impression is they are just buying whatever they can lay hands on as cheaply as possible and then filling out kits with a mixmash of components. They may or may not play well together and may or may not contain mfg 2nd's or blemished(?)

If you just want something that's fairly likely to blow smoke... it might be worth a try. If it's semi reliable that's a bonus but I wouldn't think it's a guarantee. Sometimes you get what you paid for, but at that price point it may be bordering on not even worth that... and just throwing money down the poop chute.

IOW, manage your expectations, and to reiterate... I have no personal experience with that company or their products. Who knows? It might be incredible! I'm just expressing my own first impression.
I have bought 3 complete upper and triggers and two lower build kits with no problems at all

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top