JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All, I'm moving to the Astoria area this summer and i'm debating on towing my boat the 2300+ miles from Tennessee. I have a 15ft Express with a almost new 25 4-stroke merc.
So what kind of water is most often encountered in that area and is my boat worth towing cross country? Would i be better off getting a new/different boat when i get there?
I'm looking forward to hunting all the different critters over-there.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

Your 15ft. Express would work for hunting the islands of the Columbia near Astoria as long as you respect the tides and the high winds of the winter storms. I feel that a 16-17 ft. boat would be a little more ideal for hunting the lower Columbia and fishing you would want to go a little bigger yet. I currently run a 16' sled with a 25 horse and I hunt pretty much wherever I wish as long as the river isn't too ugly. The Columbia deserves your respect... Your boat would also work fine for crabbing some of the more sheltered bays.
You should probably tow your boat on over for waterfowling/crabbing, then purchase a 20' for Salmon/Sturgeon, and a 16' drift boat for Steelhead... oh, and a layout boat for divers!:s0155:

It don't matter what boat you have,you'll find some use for it over here on this coast.
May not be the perfect duck boat,but lots of water to see.
We have some folks from TN moving up to the north coast too.
What's going on down there?

Thanks for the info. I'm still on the fence, that's a long tow. About 2300miles long. I like my boat but it sometimes seem small on the Tennessee River. The short transom would not be too good in the big water.

Tennessee is a great place to hunt and fish all be it totally different. I'm itching to see those west coast ducks, eiders, wigeon, and cinnamon teal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top