Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
Oregon Gun Shops

Dual Smoking Gunns

No Reviews
  1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

Discuss Dual Smoking Gunn's

PERMANENTLY CLOSED

2. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Their prices seem to be pretty good. How he prices (at least for the AR's) is he takes the price on the manufacturers website and charges at least 10% less. Good customer service. Check it out.

3. friskydingo

friskydingo Oregon, NorCal, and Panama. Yes. All three New Member

they kept three of my guns for a month. they said they did gun smithing, but they actually outsource to other people and quoted me $200 per gun to have the barrel threaded....

they had a small selection and a big shop it was mostly empty.

4. AmerLat4

AmerLat4 Washington Co, OR Member

Nice prices, but everytime I visit, inventory to shop ratio continues to be below par.

5. holdout

holdout Close to the city state of P.R. of Portland, Orego New Member

Been in here a few times. Looks like most of his sales are mostly AR type lowers. Hardly any handguns and mostly old bolt action rifles (used in the rack). Does have a wall full of holsters, all the tacticool stuff. Seems like a nice guy and charges $20.00 for ffl tranfers.

6. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

Not sure how it stays in busness, or what he actually sells??

He has a half dozen handguns and maybe the same number of rifles. A 'boat load' of holsters and no Ammo!

The first time I was in there, just after he opened, I asked about ammo. The fellow said, 'it was coming' and that things were 'just getting set-up'. OK.

I went in a couple of months later and nothing had really changed. And still no ammo. He said, "it was comming".

I went in there, a couple of weeks ago (2 years later) and there is still no more inventory than on my first vist. And still no ammo!!

I've never bought anything there, I've got all the holsters I need.

The place kinda gives me the 'creeps'.
    Frog.

7. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

He sold me a Hogue grip for my snubby that didn't fit. He actually put it on for me (it was my first gun) and when I got to the range the grip slipped off in my hand!
    2 blocks from my office, but never again.

8. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't on something that could hurt anybody... uh hey wait a minute...

9. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Was in the neighborhood and stopped by. Didn't buy anything because there wasn't much to buy ;-)

What I saw: lotsa holsters, various AR/AK parts that looks like the kind I've seen in Gun Parts, a bank of Bi-Mart-ish cleaning supplies, a few old rifles on the wall (as in 4 or 5, and none of them milsurps), and a case of pistols. The Glocks were $580 without night sights...rather pricey.

The AK parts seemed more like Gun Parts Catalog stuff than ueber-tacticool, though I wasn't really looking as I didn't need any. I was looking for .22 ammo or reloading supplies and they had nothing.

I really can't say anything good or bad about the shop - just seemed like a gun show table blown up into a little storefront.

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Very limited inventory. Nice enough guy. My only beef is I asked him if he could get some 38/357 strip loaders either Bianchi or other. He took my number and said he'd call me, but never did. Ended up buying direct on the web from Tuff Products.

He's close to me so I buy some targets and gun cleaning supplies from time to time. As others have said, Not sure how he stays in business other than the building he's in probably isn't too expensive to lease.

11. GunBit45

GunBit45 Oregon Active Member

Been there twice. No inventory either time. The guy seemed nice enough to talk to, but I had money burnig a hole in my pocket and needed to go somewhere else.

12. Muddman

Muddman Aloha Member

Issue resolved to my satisfaction.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  13. kcarnold

kcarnold Cedar Mill(PDX), Or Member

The guy had ammo for the 44mag when i needed some in a hurry. He was friendly, so i can't fault his customer service. Yes the selection is limited but he did say he would order what I wanted.

14. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

Went by today- they've gone under or moved w/o pasting a new address.

15. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Back in mid '08 before I had the knowledge of fair market value for aks. He offered to buy my inherited norinco mak90 for $75 dollars, something didn't feel right, so before I handed it over I just left, ended up selling it for $700 to a collector. If he's gone...good news.

16. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Well, I've had nothing but good experiences with Chris, and I was shocked to see a "for lease" sign on his storefront today.
    I was always impressed by the selection of leather - lots of stuff for southpaws.
    So now where's an alohan to go???

17. tedomatic

tedomatic Milwaukie New Member

Dual Smoking Gunns moved to the corner of 1st and Main about a block up from Dairy Queen. They are about three blocks from the old shop. The new one is nicer, but Mark is no longer working there :-(

18. hhminerva

hhminerva Beaverton New Member

Dual Smoking Gunn's has moved a few blocks from their old location on broadway, they are now across Farmington by the Dairy Queen. Phone stayed the same. New address is 12770 SW 1st St, Beaverton. It is on the corner of 1st & Main

19. ma96782

ma96782 Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

They moved to the corner of First/Main St. The owner of the old place wanted too much money to post the address or directions to the new place...........sour grapes, I guess.

Aloha, Mark

20. kboredatwork

kboredatwork Portland New Member

I took a rifle there to be sighted in and to be worked on because it was missing a piece of the firing mechanism. I was told originally it would be back in two days. After several phone calls that I had to initiate, I finally got my weapon back one month later. When I picked it up, I asked if they sighted it in like I asked them to do. They replied “no, the ammunition is expensive for that gun" so it was never sighted in. That was the whole reason I took the gun there in the first place. I have not fired the gun yet to see if the firing mechanism was even fixed. There are a lot of places to buy and have my guns worked on. I will NOT be back for further business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.