JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seeing as, you can ONLY hunt in limited areas and even then only if there is game present.... and only in certain seasons and a hunter needs to buy a license to do it
Seeing as, you can fly your drone pretty much ANYWHERE, unlicensed, any time of the year you want.

The drone operator should re-locate if hunters are in the area. Period.

I would require considerable proof that an "pilot" was NOT harassing wildlife or interfering with a hunter. If he was "filming", he darn well better have video evidence and it better not show him scaring away wildlife. I would suggest the hunter's lawyer subpoena that video.

That's an excellent post. Somehow, If there's any proof, I'll bet it got destroyed in the accident...;)

Why did anyone admit to anything?

I saw nothing and I shot nothing....

Drone operator unless he has video is making a story up.

you guys are all assuming the kid's are thinking about duck hunters.......that trying to be invisible, hiding in camo, camo'd boats hiding in weeds maybe not aware it was even hunting season, why would they? maybe not old enough to own a gun or mom wont allow it.

sounds very familiar to the anti gun arguments ....everyone is guilty

you guys are all assuming the kid's are thinking about duck hunters.......that trying to be invisible, hiding in camo, camo'd boats hiding in weeds maybe not aware it was even hunting season, why would they? maybe not old enough to own a gun or mom wont allow it.

sounds very familiar to the anti gun arguments ....everyone is guilty

Everyone needs to realize that the hunter probably thought that he was shooting at an Alaskan mosquito!

While Arf The Wonder Chicken is a rooster, he knows when this thread as "laid an egg". :rolleyes::p

Is Arf The Wonder Chicken related to Mike The Headless Chicken?

Mike the Headless Chicken - Wikipedia

IMG_0251.JPG

No. Mike The Headless Chicken has been involved with the CCP (Chicken Communist Party) for quite some time. Arf disavows any relationship with this brainless (and cluckless/clueless) moron.

(BTW, the Democrats have adopted Mike as their traveling mascot).

Now that's funny. Replace the democrat's donkey with a headless chicken. Perfect.

I am not sure this is actually off topic - not sure where it would fit tho.

Overview - Drone Operator flew his craft over a lake used for Duck Hunting. Craft was peppered with shot. DO has hunter arrested.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » Duck Hunter Blasts Drone In Utah. Aerial cinematographer James Allred wanted to get some beauty s…

" It seems to me the only thing the hunter is guilty of is meting out a little rough justice to a negligent drone pilot. "

Was the DO harassing federally protected wildlife (to wit the ducks) ?
Can the Sheriff prove the Hunter targeted private property (much like when they blast signs) ?
How stupid do you have to be to piss off a guy with a 12 ga ?

I for one, believe drones (quad copters mostly) should be classified to follow all laws RC Airplanes have to follow.
View attachment 336107 https://i.stack.imgur.com/M0Q9U.png

Sounds like the hunter broke the law. He didn't have a license to shoot a drone. Someone this excited to shoot something sounds irresponsible. If the drone was over private property within the 400 foot window illegally conducting surveillance or tresappassing it would be lawful. In most locales large water bodies are public domain so the law was broken in illegally taking a drone..

Sounds like the hunter broke the law. He didn't have a license to shoot a drone. Someone this excited to shoot something sounds irresponsible. If the drone was over private property within the 400 foot window illegally conducting surveillance or tresappassing it would be lawful. In most locales large water bodies are public domain so the law was broken in illegally taking a drone..

How will he stuff it and where will he mount it?

ODFW should decree that a hunting license includes drones flying at less than 500 ft. above the highest point in a 1/4 mile radius. Daily limit 3, but no limit if the drones are interfering in legal hunting activities. If the drone is within 500 ft. of a person, structure, or dwelling, shooting one would be "self-defense" and a valid affimitive defense against any charge, criminal or civil.

The FAA should not define drones as "aircraft" for the purpose of damaging them if they are flying below 500 ft. above the highest point within 1/4 mile, or within 500 ft. of a person, structure, or dwelling. This is because they would be below the altitude that real aircraft should be operating.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top