JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As A licensed R/C/ pilot, I am required to have insurance and a special permit for the fuel I use! I had to go through quite a training and certification process before I could light up the first Airplane and fly it! I also have to comply with flight regulations and can only operate my aircraft in designated areas for that purpose! Given what I had to go through and the costs, I have a BIG problem with the use of these Drones and the operators that are using them! There needs to be stiff regulation of the use of these drones and the people that wish to use them! What is to stop some azzhat from loading couple of pounds of H.E. on one and deploying it on a group of people!

I liked and agree with you Ura-Ki...
But ....
"What is to stop some azzhat form loading couple of pounds of H.E. on one and deploying it on a group of people!"
And
"There needs to be stiff regulation of the use of these drones and the people that wish to use them."

Change "drones" to "guns" in the second quote.
And use the first quote to refer to rifles and magazines.
What you have there is the same stuff we are hearing from anti gun people.

Now I am not trying to be a "azzhat" :D
And I understand that firearms are a right and not a privilege like flying a drone.
But I gotta say its dangerous using some of the same wordage or logic that those who want to disarm us use.

Not trying to cause a fuss or argue .. as I said I agree and liked your post.
Just thinking out loud and not wanting to give offense.
Andy

Uri-Ki,
Upon a re-reading I get that you are saying that the drones and pilots need to licensed and regulated like R/C pilots.
Maybe I ought to delete my post # 23...
One shouldn't "type out loud" , while under the influence of cold medicine ...:D
Andy

But ....
"What is to stop some azzhat form loading couple of pounds of H.E. on one and deploying it on a group of people!"
And
"There needs to be stiff regulation of the use of these drones and the people that wish to use them."

And I understand that firearms are a right and not a privilege like flying a drone.
But I gotta say its dangerous using some of the same wordage or logic that those who want to disarm us use.

Andy
No worries, You make a good point, as always! The way I see it, Drones are a fairly new deal, and there needs to be regulation to keep this from getting used and abused! Right now, there is very little if any thing to regulate them or there use! It IS dangerous to have un licenced and trained persons operating these devices, many of which are large and complex and can cause a lot of damage or pain and suffering, not to mention the ease at which one could be used for ill good! I disagree with you in one aspect, things like this need to be regulated or else weaponizeing is just one of many issues we will have to deal with!

dont be haters
the kids push the drone limits just like the duck hunters do hunting 150 yards from my bedroom window.
any kids that dont have their drones lic with the FFA is negligence on the parents part.
Its a new hobby in the RC world and they are easier to fly than planes because some fly autonomously with an Iphone so you have more kids entering the hobby, it will take a few incidents other than them being shot down, till parents & pilots take their toys more seriously.

No need to disagree .. I have no doubt that its only a matter of time before they are used as a weapon.
I am glad that you understood the point and context of what I was trying to say.
Andy
No worries, You make a good point, as always! The way I see it, Drones are a fairly new deal, and there needs to be regulation to keep this from getting used and abused! Right now, there is very little if any thing to regulate them or there use! It IS dangerous to have un licenced and trained persons operating these devices, many of which are large and complex and can cause a lot of damage or pain and suffering, not to mention the ease at which one could be used for ill good! I disagree with you in one aspect, things like this need to be regulated or else weaponizeing is just one of many issues we will have to deal with!

Last Edited:
in oregon if the drone operator was harassing wildlife while another guy was hunting according to ors 496.994 and ors 498.006 it is a crime.

just sayin

Absolutely, most states It's a crime to harass hunters that are in the process of legally taking game. There was a case a while back in Washington where an anti-hunter went out on a duck lake and started shooting to scare away birds. When approached by LE he said that he was just hunting. They wrote him up for hunting without a licenses and using lead shot.

I agree with Ura-Ki -- Drone operators need to be licensed.

In general I am opposed to licencing. So, let us drop those requirements for R/C aircraft.

No?

As A licensed R/C/ pilot, I am required to have insurance and a special permit for the fuel I use! I had to go through quite a training and certification process before I could light up the first Airplane and fly it! I also have to comply with flight regulations and can only operate my aircraft in designated areas for that purpose! Given what I had to go through and the costs, I have a BIG problem with the use of these Drones and the operators that are using them! There needs to be stiff regulation of the use of these drones and the people that wish to use them! What is to stop some azzhat from loading couple of pounds of H.E. on one and deploying it on a group of people!

@AndyinEverson your post #23 is spot-on.

And regulation will affect those that would use drones for ill purposes how?? The same way gun control keeps people from being murdered in Chicago and metal detectors kept people from flying airplanes into buildings.

We don't need more regulations, we need to punish the operator for violating existing laws. If he was harassing wildlife or interfering with a legitimate hunt, haul him to jail; those things are already illegal. Not doing anything illegal?? Then tote the hunter off for destroying property. There are plenty of laws to deal with these situations, they just need to be enforced.
And I wish people would get off this "rights vs. privileges" thing too. Yes the rights enumerated in the Constitution are of utmost importance. But so too are the rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" from the Declaration of Independence. They are a lot more general, but no less important. That word Liberty in there implies being able to do what you want. The only real caveat needs to be that you don't interfere with someone else's "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Part of living in a "free" country is freedom from government interference in your day-to-day life.

He wasn't out there trying to get "beauty scenes", he was out there menacing and harassing. Some poor hunter took the bait and paid the price. Something needs to be done about these people who think it's alright invading someone else's privacy and harassing wildlife to boot. The govt. and laws protect the wrong people at times and that's what we need to get changed....

If you have a firearm, use it properly. No one forced him to shoot at the drone. Make you mad? Sure. Take shots because you have a gun? Not ok.

And if you don't like bunting don't be a **** about it. In this situation I'm on the hunter's side, the guy operating the drone should have gone somewhere else or waited for when no one would be hunting.

But ....
And

Andy
Apparently nothing will stop people from dropping HE from the sky. ISIS is already doing that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top