JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
make my grand kids wealthy
I call it the "intergenerational family treasure box." Which I doubt I will ever have to use. But it will have value at some level at any time in the future.

Old ammo, I've got .410 shot shells that I bought in 1966. I don't know the age of my oldest .22 LR, but I have some I brought with me from out of state when I moved in 1987. I have some .357 that I bought at gun shows in the 80's.

As for how someone could get around things.......
FOR THE RECORD........
I'm NOT even suggesting "breaking any law".
THAT........would be against the rules.

So then......
Consider for a moment.......
How do some people get around the F/A rules?
How do some people get "tax breaks" for their hobbies?
How does someone claim as a "business expense"......items which may, in fact, be used PERSONALLY (or maybe have a slight dual useage)?
The law is there so you can comply with it. Choosing not to is a personal choice . F/A tax breaks etc are there in the law. The governments wants you to do those things or they wouldn't have carved out the law to allow for them. Be a good citizen and do what your government wants. Get your SOT and ride that baby for all its worth.

People who buy gold and silver for SHTF are naive in my mind , anything regardless of what it may be is only worth what someone is willing to give for it. Were times to really get hard here I do not think I would take a silver coin for the food I own . I can't eat the coin or use it for most practical purposes . I would much rather have a good stock of durable goods and consumables that I know I can use right now and in the future vs something someone probably won't take when things are desperate .

As I said earlier PM is a financial hedge , if you want to have bartering materials for when times get rough , keep some liquor and tobacco around along with some consumable or durable goods in excess of your needs . The last thing I would trade is ammo to anyone . Course I do not like the idea of someone using the ammo I traded them to come take my stores .

I call it the "intergenerational family treasure box." Which I doubt I will ever have to use. But it will have value at some level at any time in the future.

Old ammo, I've got .410 shot shells that I bought in 1966. I don't know the age of my oldest .22 LR, but I have some I brought with me from out of state when I moved in 1987. I have some .357 that I bought at gun shows in the 80's.
Yea I have brass from my dad that goes back to the late 50's I finally used up the last of his powder a few years ago. I do have a box of Remingtion Core Lok 30-40Krag he bought in 1968 for his Model 1895 Winchester.

People who buy gold and silver for SHTF are naive in my mind , anything regardless of what it may be is only worth what someone is willing to give for it. Were times to really get hard here I do not think I would take a silver coin for the food I own . I can't eat the coin or use it for most practical purposes . I would much rather have a good stock of durable goods and consumables that I know I can use right now and in the future vs something someone probably won't take when things are desperate .

As I said earlier PM is a financial hedge , if you want to have bartering materials for when times get rough , keep some liquor and tobacco around along with some consumable or durable goods in excess of your needs . The last thing I would trade is ammo to anyone . Course I do not like the idea of someone using the ammo I traded them to come take my stores .
They're only naive if PM's are the only tool in their post-apocalypse tool bag. History has demonstrated that there will always be someone who will want PMs. Not everybody perhaps, but there will be someone.

All I know is the end of fiat/paper and coins is soon coming to an end. Uncle Klaus openly spoke about it at the WEF. Along with brain implants and other wonderful plans for humanity and they are no joke.

They want travel digital IDs, CC lockdowns and full and absolute control of everyone on the planet by 2030. Judging from the idiocy of the last three years it won't be a full challenge for them. There will be an event, bank holidays, and wham-o a new GOV Crypto and all former folded or crypto currency either completely voided or traded in at a small margin.

Your ability to function will be fully controlled. Step out of line and your allotted gov crypto will be suspended. They actually want everyone to have the exact 'starter amount' and own nothing. Not even your current home, car, land. All gov property overnight. You will then rent these things from Gov only. Because their trial run 2019-2022 is/was so successful, they expect little resistance. People cut off from food and resources, freezing and starving, don't negotiate terms.

Gates and crew had already openly bragged that in 2025 there will be another event targeting children, as in 1 billion of them gone.
Shock and awe and everything that existed before that time - as in any freedoms, including 2A, or any privacy null and void.

Sadly, for the first time, the social controllers that plan our fate are so bold now they openly discuss their plans where even a decade ago there is no way they would do that. Most people believe what they see on CNN is reality.

Good time to be old. Sadly it is what is it and no point dwelling on it. Whether owning 'things' gold, silver, tools, food stores, etc will help a person in the short term no one really knows for sure. Happy NEW YEAR!!!

Been dabbling in silver and some gold since the early 90s. Never seen the private items sales so dry and pretty much non-existent as they are now. One lonely dude in Newberg selling one coin at a time is about it. Others wanting $30 for generic silver rounds while silver melt is under $23. Just a few years ago $2+ over melt for a private sale was fair.

Was offered $19k for a box of Philharmonics (500) from 2008. Paid about a third of that, but what does it get me? Fiat paper. Really need to focus on real things, tools, ammo, generators, etc, before they reset the current in the next couple years. Silver supply and demand has always been odd, and yes I am aware of the fake cert Morgan frauds. The greed factor is pretty amusing.
Silver at $15? Crickets. No one cares, no one buys. But when it has gone past $30-40 people buy up all they can get their hands on.

Been dabbling in silver and some gold since the early 90s. Never seen the private items sales so dry and pretty much non-existent as they are now. One lonely dude in Newberg selling one coin at a time is about it. Others wanting $30 for generic silver rounds while silver melt is under $23. Just a few years ago $2+ over melt for a private sale was fair.

Was offered $19k for a box of Philharmonics (500) from 2008. Paid about a third of that, but what does it get me? Fiat paper. Really need to focus on real things, tools, ammo, generators, etc, before they reset the current in the next couple years. Silver supply and demand has always been odd, and yes I am aware of the fake cert Morgan frauds. The greed factor is pretty amusing.
Silver at $15? Crickets. No one cares, no one buys. But when it has gone past $30-40 people buy up all they can get their hands on.
Why not rapidly convert the paper money into real goods. Last year when silver hit $25/oz I dumped a bunch of pre-64 coins and bought a PS-90, mags and a bunch of ammo. YMMV, but over 3 to1 sounds like a good return on your Philharmonics I'd strongly consider selling if you already have a shopping list built and know exactly what you'll buy.

Why not rapidly convert the paper money into real goods. Last year when silver hit $25/oz I dumped a bunch of pre-64 coins and bought a PS-90, mags and a bunch of ammo. YMMV, but over 3 to1 sounds like a good return on your Philharmonics I'd strongly consider selling if you already have a shopping list built and know exactly what you'll buy.
This.

Or hold them. They're not bothering anyone, regardless of the current value. Then convert any other excess fiat currency into real goods.

Everyone's different, so likewise are everyone's finances.

Gold , silver and the like....hold no real interest for me...
Other than maybe some odd , old coin.

That said...
It ain't like they will spoil or go bad...and as noted some folks will always be wanting 'em.

And with that said...
If...
SHTF...and you have something of value....be it gold , silver , food , ammo etc...
Someone will always be wanting it.
Like anything you value and want to keep...a good question to ask is :
What are you willing to do , to actually keep it....?
Andy

Gold , silver and the like....hold no real interest for me...
Other than maybe some odd , old coin.

That said...
It ain't like they won't spoil or go bad...and as noted some folks will always be wanting 'em.

And with that said...
If...
SHTF...and you have something of value....be it gold , silver , food , ammo etc...
Someone will always be wanting it.
Like anything you value and want to keep...a good question to ask is :
What are you willing to do , to actually keep it....?
Andy
About the same thing I'd do for a Klondike bar

Others wanting $30 for generic silver rounds while silver melt is under $23. Just a few years ago $2+ over melt for a private sale was fair.
Just a few years ago premiums were not as high as they are now. No one with half a brain is going to sell you silver for $2 over melt value when they know you'd have to pay anywhere from $5 to $12 over right now to a dealer, depending on the product and quantity of sale.

We are definitely moving to full financial slavery and zero privacy by 2030. One, or US based digital currency will all others deemed illegal/invalid. Every single move tracked and taxed. Silver, gold, or personal assets might help a little, but the game is rigged and all will be submitted to what is coming one way or another. Just looking for a little edge, a pause, more time than the average completely oblivious Joe.

The Oligarchs, as in the foreign owners of the Feds biggest wet dream. More important to them than wars, the C/CC scams, etc. Those were just tests to see how people could be scared into compliance. The biggest power play so far this century. So that is always factored into the equation.

FF + blame said FF on an 'enemy' + say it was financed by Crypto = bingo, official Gov Digital in, paper fiat currency out. Throw in a few grid failures and the 99% will do anything to comply. Goodbye 2A absolutely. Turn in your neighbor, get your cheese box and crackers. 1984 world on steroids. Glad I'm old. Really. Really don't dwell on this crap daily though, unhealthy.

We are definitely moving to full financial slavery and zero privacy by 2030. One, or US based digital currency will all others deemed illegal/invalid. Every single move tracked and taxed. Silver, gold, or personal assets might help a little, but the game is rigged and all will be submitted to what is coming one way or another. Just looking for a little edge, a pause, more time than the average completely oblivious Joe.

The Oligarchs, as in the foreign owners of the Feds biggest wet dream. More important to them than wars, the C/CC scams, etc. Those were just tests to see how people could be scared into compliance. The biggest power play so far this century. So that is always factored into the equation.

FF + blame said FF on an 'enemy' + say it was financed by Crypto = bingo, official Gov Digital in, paper fiat currency out. Throw in a few grid failures and the 99% will do anything to comply. Goodbye 2A absolutely. Turn in your neighbor, get your cheese box and crackers. 1984 world on steroids. Glad I'm old. Really. Really don't dwell on this crap daily though, unhealthy.
1675986812150.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top