JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its too small to be wolf. Looks more cat like to me. And besides, I heard on the radio (just yesterday) that there was only 1 pack of wolves known to be in the state and they were spotted on the Warmspring rez just the other week... I call bs on that one, because I've seen wolf tracks (5 wolves together) where I hunt in northern Oregon near the columbia river gorge. Trust me, the tracks I saw were much larger than the little puzzy cat track you have your foot next to....

Sure, I saw with my own eyes a blonde wolf last May in the Blues which was reported on this site. Last, December or January I heard and confirmed wolves in the vacinity of Ukia; which are well known. Maybe the radio was talking of one wolf pack in Hawaii?

A neighbor has a 150lb Malamute that has paws as big or bigger than those tracks.

Our last two big dogs that we had left tracks like the one in the OP....
They were a a lot of fun for sure...:D
DSC03018.JPG

Sure, I saw with my own eyes a blonde wolf last May in the Blues which was reported on this site. Last, December or January I heard and confirmed wolves in the vacinity of Ukia; which are well known. Maybe the radio was talking of one wolf pack in Hawaii?
There are way more wolf here than what ODFW is letting on. Its only going to get worse too. Just something for you guys to think about..;)

Its too small to be wolf. Looks more cat like to me. And besides, I heard on the radio (just yesterday) that there was only 1 pack of wolves known to be in the state

Ummmm, we been thru this b'fore.... Cat tracks have a wider center pad that is also shorter front to back. And no claw marks. The toes are more spread out side to side from the pad compared to a canine which has a more pointed toe profile.

1 pack? What radio you listen to, NPR??? Not even ODFW says that! We have 14 known packs and 9 known pairs right in NE OR... Cattle and sheep kills up the wazoo, oh yes.

FYI

Wolf Packs

Individual Wolves, Pairs or Groups (2 or 3 Wolves)

Areas of Known Wolf Activity (AKWA) that are no longer active

2018CountyMap_300.jpg
Counties in Oregon. Click map to enlarge

Watch out where the huskies go .... (please) don't eat the yellow snow...:D
Andy

The wife's attending an orchid show... She squealed for a week to get him to go... But back in the bed, his teenage queen, is rocking and rolling and acting obscene!

I'd like to make her do a nasty on the White House lawn!!!

Its too small to be wolf. Looks more cat like to me. And besides, I heard on the radio (just yesterday) that there was only 1 pack of wolves known to be in the state and they were spotted on the Warmspring rez just the other week... I call bs on that one, because I've seen wolf tracks (5 wolves together) where I hunt in northern Oregon near the columbia river gorge. Trust me, the tracks I saw were much larger than the little puzzy cat track you have your foot next to....

That is total bs. There are wolves in Imnaha, and down in the siskiyous, and Warmsprings. Probably some other areas too.
That radio guy should go milk a cougar, he's wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top