JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple of pic's, out of order however.
First night home using my bald head as a pillow.
Enjoying some sunshine yesterday.
And a little bit of normal Riley playing with a stuffy.

Riley had her two week check up yesterday and all is looking good.
The last two weeks haven't been as bad as I thought they would be. But the fun is starting. Now that she's feeling better she's starting to become her old self. Getting too excited when people come over or walk by the house, wanting to play fetch, running around the back yard a little when I let her off her leash. All things she isn't supposed to be doing but so hard to keep her from doing.
2 weeks down, 6 more weeks of light duty to go.

Glad to hear she is doing well!!!
The hardest part with Murphy was keeping him on a short leash for the time the surgeon recommended.
Murphy didn't understand that they had cut his legs in half, and they were being held together with metal plates screwed into the bone...
When we took him in for his first check up, X-rays showed that his bones on his right side hadn't completely healed, so he was on his leash for two more weeks.
But that was the only issue with the surgery.

Hey I just found this thread looking for a surgeon for my 100lb Labrador. He's had 1 surgery already but that surgeon now wants $5500 for the procedure! What vets did you consult with and who gave you the $3300 estimate? I looked at a few and there's a real low ball $2000 which makes me nervous and a solid one for $4500 with overnight first night.

Have recommendations anyone?

My dog needs it 110%...it's just looking for one I can afford...

Good on you man;)!

A good dogs worth a few guns without a doubt.

It's just too damn bad they don't live 40 years instead of 15.

I'd sell just about anything for my dog and was devastated when I lost my last 2 (one was old and it was a slow degradation which was heart wrenching to make the final call when she couldn't get up anymore - The other was a spry little thing and went downhill fast and after we took her to the vet we only had 4 days to say goodbye until it was time, that still stings horribly).

Best of Luck finding what you need.

It's tough, I know. Our 7 year old Aussie has ACT: she tore the ligament in one of her rear legs. This is the same kind of thing human athletes get all the time. We decided against surgery because with if she would get back 90% function and without if she'll get back 80% function. Surgery is painful, costs north of $3,000 (not the deciding factor) and is followed by 2 months of being bound immobile in a crate. We didn't want to put her through all that for a marginal increase in leg function. The vet reccomended against it too.

My dog needs it 110%...it's just looking for one I can afford...

Hey Bosleykb.
Mt. View veterinarian in Vancouver gave me the $3300 estimate. But they do not do any overnights. Which is why I ultimately decided to go with VCA in Clackamas. Dr. Lozier is who performed the surgery, and I can say he came with many accolades, including on from the doctor who I visited at Mt. View.
I felt that the overnight was important to ensure Riley was under good supervision and that if she needed anything that first 24 hrs she was already at the hospital. 100lb labs with 3 wheels aren't easy to load into the truck and get to the vet in a hurry if needed.
Riley is now 13 weeks from her surgery and doing great. It took her a little longer than the typical 8 weeks to stop limping, maybe 10 weeks. But she's pretty much back to normal, doing good on short, controlled walks, and will go back in mid October to hopefully be cleared for normal crazy dog activity.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top