JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I have my ddm4al for sale

I was asked if still for sale, said yes

got these to responces back Sunday

"Ok awesome, I'm definitely interested. Thanks for getting back to me"
than
"I'm fairly flexible on day and time, happy to meet at bulls eye or brown box"

me - i wont be back from sequim till tomorrow or tuesday probably

them
"Ok, no rush"

on tuesday i responded

"I am coming back later today. Bullseye you can pretty much do a transfer anytime they're open. I believe Brown box is by appointment"
and
"And you will need a current semi-automatic rifle certification"

no responses even though the have logged in everyday

theyve been a member since - Jun 13, 2016

I'd say not. I'd just say the other party is a flake. "Interested" isn't actually a commitment to buy, even if the other comments would certainly make you assume he is. Also, many people want to look at something before purchasing.

There is an "ignore" feature for people you don't ever want to "see" on here again.

Upvote 6
No. Happens to me sometimes too. Sometimes the "interested" prospective buyer changes his mind (or sobers up). If no specific day/time/place was agreed to by both parties, there is no commitment, so no it wouldn't warrant negative feedback. Just put the flake on ignore an move on.

Upvote 5
IMO, negative feedback is if they skipped a meet, or came to the meet and demanded a lower price. Stopping communication isn't enough for negative feedback.

Upvote 3
Sounds to me like they successfully communicated their interest but did not commit to anything.

While it would be nice for even a smoke signal that the interest is void, I don't think that's common place - people just go their separate ways.

Negative feedback, in general, is for warning other prospective buyers or sellers about bad activity - failure to pay, demanding lower prices at the buy, failure to properly describe items, etc.

If you're really salty about it, you can leave neutral feedback - just be aware that the feedback thing is a two way street. I think it's best to just let this one go.

Like @orygun said, you can ignore the guy and he'll effectively "disappear" from the site (from your perspective).

Upvote 2
Naw. Unless someone leaves me sitting in a parking lot without showing (in which case "negative"), or if I missed a sale to someone else because the other guy was supposedly fully committed (maybe "neutral" feedback), I wouldn't even leave feedback.

Upvote 0
Ditto since they did not set a meet and then not show I would just let it go. Now if you had set up a meet and they just no showed I would be pissed. Chances are they wanted it, then Wife found out and said "you want to buy what? You better figure out if you can have sex with it then". :s0140:

Upvote 0
I'm thinking this person was either unaware of this part or hoping for an 'alternative' method of buying from you....
The alternative method of purchasing is what I was wondering about, although the comment about meeting at an FFL kinda negates that. It might be the person was unaware of the certification required to purchase the given firearm.

Sobering up may play a role here, too. :D :s0059:

Upvote 0
Nope. An agreement to meet/purchase was never made between the two parties so there is no justification for feedback of any type, negative or otherwise.

-E-

Upvote 2
I have my ddm4al for sale

I was asked if still for sale, said yes

got these to responces back Sunday

"Ok awesome, I'm definitely interested. Thanks for getting back to me"
than
"I'm fairly flexible on day and time, happy to meet at bulls eye or brown box"

me - i wont be back from sequim till tomorrow or tuesday probably

them
"Ok, no rush"

on tuesday i responded

"I am coming back later today. Bullseye you can pretty much do a transfer anytime they're open. I believe Brown box is by appointment"
and
"And you will need a current semi-automatic rifle certification"

no responses even though the have logged in everyday

theyve been a member since - Jun 13, 2016
How can there be negative feedback for someone that you never had any agreement for selling or meeting with?

Obviously, no.

If the buyer told you, "I will buy this, meet here at this day and this time to do the transfer" and then the buyer doesn't show up and gives you no communication ahead of time, then yeah, that'd be negative feedback.

Upvote 0
I don't drink much anymore, but I have to say that some purchases I agreed to were made late in the evening. The next day I was thinking, "Why did I do that?" But being a man of his word, followed thru with the agreement.

Upvote 0
Interesting time for this thread.

Yesterday (Saturday) I engaged in text conversation with a member here who has some ammo for sale. We negotiated back and forth throughout the morning and finally came to terms. His exact words were ,"Let's do it."
He sent an address to meet, but didn't give a time. Later, a little after 2pm I called. We talked for a bit and he asked that I call back in an hour to confirm the time.
Just over an hour I called and he was very short, saying, "I'll call you back in two minutes."

Then nothing but crickets. Not a peep.

I don't put people on ignore because I like to keep track of the losers out there, and at this point, he classifies as a loser.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews