JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I volunteer for the City of Tigard in their CERT program. I'm the lead CERT instructor, and one of the CERT team captains. But lately I've been thinking about doing a little more.

Periodically the city makes a call for volunteers to sit on various committees such as planning, budget, transportation, etc. It's a pretty small time commitment- much less than what I put in on the CERT team. But I'm wondering what I might expect as a member of such a committee.

Sunshine and roses expectation would be concerned citizens working together to do what's best for the city. My realistic expectation would be a bunch of bickering yahoo's who can't come to consensus on what doughnuts to bring to the next meeting.

Does anyone do anything remotely like this? Let's hear some feedback! Thanks!!

I volunteer for our county during the country fair, and occasionally for our city's police dept. In the past I've also done stuff for the YMCA and Boys and Club and local senior center. I think its good if you have the time. As a small business owner, I think its valuable to show you have a vested interest in your community. I say go for it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top