JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
PDX / Vancouver area
State
Washington
I'm looking for a local shop in the PDX area that makes custom screws. I have 2 different screws that I need made. Low quantities. Maybe 100 of each screw.

These are not standard or off the shelf screws and there is nothing that I have found that can be modified to work. These need to be made/manufactured.

Does anyone know of any place that has the capability to make screws?

Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
If it is firearm specific screws you are looking for, I recently kind of munged one trying to extract (was really stuck with lock tight) and thought I would try Ace Hardware on the off chance they would have something compatible. To my pleasant surprise, it turned out they actually stock a selection of firearm screws and had an exact replacement for what I needed.

Yes, I've been there are seen the little bins that they have for firearms. Parkrose Hardware has the same bins.

Nothing that can be modified for my needs.

Thanks though!

:s0090:

If it is firearm specific screws you are looking for, I recently kind of munged one trying to extract (was really stuck with lock tight) and thought I would try Ace Hardware on the off chance they would have something compatible. To my pleasant surprise, it turned out they actually stock a selection of firearm screws and had an exact replacement for what I needed.
Not sure if Parkrose Hardware is still affiliated with Ace Hardware. I agreed they have a decent selection of gun screws and found what I'm looking for.

If it can't be sourced off the shelf then you will likely need to locate a machine shop that isn't going to hold you over a barrel on pricing which will be tough. For the quantities you wanting it will be best to run it on a CNC turning center with barstock feeder but due to the low quantities the setup fees are going to kill your price per piece.

Do you have a photo of what your needing?

Have you scoured McMaster Carr?

These are custom screws. Absolutely nobody has them on the shelf. Thanks for all the input on places, but these are custom.

I understand that they will cost me some money. I need to find a place willing to make them so I can meet and talk with them.

They are windage and elevation screws. 3-56 thread.

Hex head. Hole milled in the side. I will seat the spring and ball bearing myself.

DSCN3200aa_2019-12-02_01-56-12.jpg

You might try Quality Machine in Vancouver. I haven't talked to Bob in a long time, but he used to do a lot of custom work.

8704 NE 55th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98665, United States
Phone
+1 360 573 8773

Also Waite Specialty Machine in Longview. Their motto is, "If you can't buy it, we'll make it."

1160 Industrial Way, Longview, WA 98632, United States
Phone
+1 360 577 0777

I know these two places can make them. I have worked with them both in the past, both very professional.

Oregon Screw Machine Products
503-774-2750

Socket Products Mfg., Corp
631-232-9870
This guy is in NY but he and his wife use to vacation in the PNW and love it.

I'll check my lathe and see if I have the gearing to cut a 53 tpi thread. If so you are welcome to come by and we can talk about making them.

Scott

Thank you. But i need 56 tpi.

I'd love to support those who support NWFA!

:s0155:

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.