JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
City
Eugene
State
Oregon
I need a place to shoot prairie dogs with my grandsons. We will use 22's. They are 17 and 18 and I will be with them. June or July would be great

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I shot a bunch in 2008 in Eastern Oregon, great fun cleaning out varmits
As Tlock said, there are no prairie dogs in Oregon. Most likely you were shooting Belding's Ground Squirrels. Shown below is a picture of a Belding's Ground Squirrel followed by a depiction of their ranges in Oregon and Idaho.
1651767806405.png
1651767744777.png

As Tlock said, there are no prairie dogs in Oregon. Most likely you were shooting Belding's Ground Squirrels. Shown below is a picture of a Belding's Ground Squirrel followed by a depiction of their ranges in Oregon and Idaho.
View attachment 1192607
View attachment 1192606
I would disagree with that map, I know for a fact that beldings ground squirrels live around Madras. and it looks like the map is further east.

Squeaks , sage rat , pop ups ,
When I lived in southern Oregon going squeaking Was fairly popular
I do not know of a place nowadays but I bet you can find one or look on the internet for places like the link I posted

Squeaks , sage rat , pop ups ,
When I lived in southern Oregon going squeaking Was fairly popular
I do not know of a place nowadays but I bet you can find one or look on the internet for places like the link I posted
Thanks, the link you sent says they are booked up for 2022, great link though

OP, a lot of the private ranches contract with guide services. It makes it easier for the ranchers to not have to deal with the crowds. @flashpan has pointed you in a very good direction.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.