JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read that the RCBS cast load book has a bunch of reduced rifle loads using pistol/shotgun powders. If anybody here has this book can you confirm that it does in fact have reduced rifle loads with fast pistol/shotgun powders. It's an expensive book to get these days.

Screenshot_20220407-230855.png

I know I bought one years ago, but darned if I can remember what happened to it . (I looked everywhere but no joy). When I bought it years ago, I was more interested in the handgun data and didn't consider the rifle data (all about the velocity in my misspent youth). My Lyman 49th Edition does list some cartridges with faster pistol powders with cast bullets. Are there specific cartridges you have in mind?

I know I bought one years ago, but darned if I can remember what happened to it . (I looked everywhere but no joy). When I bought it years ago, I was more interested in the handgun data and didn't consider the rifle data (all about the velocity in my misspent youth). My Lyman 49th Edition does list some cartridges with faster pistol powders with cast bullets. Are there specific cartridges you have in mind?
For this weekend 30-30, 7.62x39 and 303 British. I have the Lyman book with me but it comes up short on the fast powder loads. It has enough info to get me through the weekend plus I am going to blaze my own path on a few loads. Thanks.

It has load data for 308 and 30-30, I couldn't find 7.62x39. Maybe its in another volume. It does show some some pistol/shotgun powder loads. 308 include 296, Green Dot, 7625(discontinued). 30-30 powders are 296, unique,2400, Red Dot, 700x, h110, PB. It's not alot of book for the price, but I feel $60 richer now.

1649465669862475677293511913704.jpg

I have it too. I remember buying it quite a few years ago, from a guy at a gun show. He had a box full of them, brand new, and was selling them for only a couple bucks each.

The publishing date is 1986. It doesn't have 7.62x39 data in it. That was a fairly obscure round back then.

I have a number of OLD reloading manuals that I've picked up over the years. It's interesting to see how load levels have changed over time.

inks for free data

inks for free data

Thank you, looks promising.

The old Lyman cast book has all kinds of load data using fast pistol powders. What calibers are you looking for- would be happy to help if I can.

Sorry! My amazing laptop super-scrolled on me.

inks for free data

This load data really tested the limits of lightweight charges:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany