JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck, his was the mile and a half long 7.3 power stroke long bed 4 door with the standard one front one rear so called 4x that can't pull itself out of its wet uphill shadow, mine a factory positrack short wide wheelbase so it wasn't even close.

I'm fact, he borrowed the "old blue mule" several times to take his father out hunting before his Dad passed away because he knew and trusted mine would not get hung, stuck or brake with his elderly father on board in the back hills

Ouch! Thats about 9000lbs of Ford getting schooled. He needs better tires for sure. Tires do make a big difference off pavement but then the Ford was probably too heavy for its own good anyway. Christ that diesel engine weighs over a thousand by itself (5.9liter cummins is 1100 dry weight - 7.3 navistar in the ford has to weigh at least as much).

Not really surprised your Dakota doesnt get stuck as easily - it probably weighs 3000lbs less than the huge one ton.

Ya even have on star aboard that land yacht don't you,,, come on you know it's true.. Huh huh?
Great road rigs though.:s0112:

No onstar on the Lincolns, onstar is only on Chevys. My Navigator is a 2001 so it is more like a truck than the newer Navigators, it is pretty much a Ford Expedition with better interior and engine.

The engine in my Navigator is the 5.4 dohc 4 valve, it is the same engine they used in the 2000 SVT Cobra mustang.

It is rated at 300 HP but with my mods it is probably around 320-330, it is a beast in the snow!

Ouch! Thats about 9000lbs of Ford getting schooled. He needs better tires for sure. Tires do make a big difference off pavement but then the Ford was probably too heavy for its own good anyway. Christ that diesel engine weighs over a thousand by itself (5.9liter cummins is 1100 dry weight - 7.3 navistar in the ford has to weigh at least as much).

Not really surprised your Dakota doesnt get stuck as easily - it probably weighs 3000lbs less than the huge one ton.
Weight makes a difference.

My Toyota gets around on my property (20 forested acres on a mountain) much better than my one ton Dodge dually flatbed because it weighs less than half the Dodge, but when I need to pull a log out of a stack of logs so I can cut it up for firewood, the Toyota just sits there and spins its tires feeling like you are trying to pull a stump, while the Dodge doesn't even feel like there is a log back there - seriously, I barely notice it when the line goes taut and several times I've had to check to make sure the line hadn't slipped off the log(s) because it felt like it had come loose when in fact it is just pulling that log out from under a dozen others.

Tires make a huge difference too - of course.

Neither of my rigs have locking diffs and both have street tires currently, but I had no illusions about which one would win against the other in a pull contest, and the one ton hauls a full cord of wood loosely stacked whereas the Toyota can't haul half a cord.

Different rigs, different usage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads