JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

The Jeep trade-ins could add to the tab, but they also could generate more new vehicle sales by getting customers into showrooms. Still, the total could strain the parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV. The company posted a first-quarter net profit of $101 million and had more than $20 billion in cash and securities on March 31.

The consent order that Fiat Chrysler agreed to requires it to notify owners who are eligible for buybacks and other incentives.

Models included in the buyback offer are certain Ram 1500s from 2009 to 2012; the Ram 1500 Mega Cab 4 by 4 from 2008; and the Ram 2500 4 by 4, 3500 4 by 4, 4500 4 by 4, and 5500 4 by 4, all from 2008 through 2012. Also part of the offer are 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs and the Dodge Dakota pickup from 2009 through 2011.

Here's the question I ask you...do you really think someone will buy another CJD (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge) when their current vehicle is involved in a mandatory buy-back?
History has thought us that most people will run from the brand.
Plus...consider the $105M fine they got hit with. They're going to be struggling for some time.

They will bounce back but it won't be right away. The govt will probably help save them if they can't recover on their own. SMH

I am surprised they didn't include previous year trucks; many Dodge trucks from about the mid 90s have had endemic and systemic problems with their steering. My '97 pulls one way while driving, then if I apply the brakes it pulls the other way, and there is a huge amount of play in the steering system - between 90 and 180 degrees of play. I have to stay on top of it or I can easily lose control on narrow roads.

There is a whole aftermarket selling fixes for these problems, and the problems were much worse for the older models than the new ones.

Would I buy a newer one?

If I were in the market, I probably would - I like the Cummins diesel better than the competition.

They've already sold off all of the GM stock.

"But at this point it isn't just government-funded loans to subprime car purchasers. At this point it is the government itself which is buying GM cars hand over fist, thereby engaging in yet another indirect bailout of the formerly bankrupt automaker, which was bailed out by none other than the US government. To wit from GM's <broken link removed>

Fleet deliveries in July were down 20 percent year over year, as the company continues to execute its plan to reduce sales to rental customers and grow commercial and government deliveries.Government sales were up 38 percent, with deliveries to state and local governments up 59 percent. Commercial deliveries were up year over year for the 21st consecutive month. Rental deliveries were down 36 percent."

Government is heavily invested in GM...o_O

"But at this point it isn't just government-funded loans to subprime car purchasers. At this point it is the government itself which is buying GM cars hand over fist, thereby engaging in yet another indirect bailout of the formerly bankrupt automaker, which was bailed out by none other than the US government. To wit from GM's <broken link removed>

Fleet deliveries in July were down 20 percent year over year, as the company continues to execute its plan to reduce sales to rental customers and grow commercial and government deliveries.Government sales were up 38 percent, with deliveries to state and local governments up 59 percent. Commercial deliveries were up year over year for the 21st consecutive month. Rental deliveries were down 36 percent."

Government is heavily invested in GM...o_O

I see what you mean now.

Washington Co is buying lots of gms... the sheriff dept just got a bunch of new tahoes (butt ugly imo) and they are phasing out the old ford cvpis in favor of the caprice. I have yet to talk to a cop who doesnt like the new caprice more than any of fords offerings or the charger.

I will say the newest generation of Ram trucks is head n shoulders aboce the rest and has softened me to them - i couldnt stand the old dodge in our fleet (90's vintage) - the best thing dodge trucks have going for them is the Cummins diesel. The 6.7 is a monster and 2016+ vehicles will have an available 400hp version pumping out over 900ft lb of torque. o_O I have been driving our dodge flatbed at work for a month now and don't really want to give it up when my truck is fixed... if they can recover and really push the commercial market - they will do ok.

GM is going to jump back into medium and heavy duty commercial trucks next year - they are "partnering" with Navistar (International) - so you will soon see medium duty chevs again and possibly 18 wheelers with a bowtie on the bonnet. This comes after Ford cut ties with Navistar.

Be interesting to see which motor goes in the new trucks - a bigger Isuzu (Duramax) - a Paccar - a Cat - Cummins or if Navistar tries reviving the DT/MaxxForce lineup.

Be interesting to see where the commercial market goes the next cpl years.

Ford and Dodge have the market cornered right now. I rarely see a Duramax driving around. For every 1 Duramax truck in my area, I'll see 10 Powerstrokes or Cummins.
Don't forget that Nissan will be a player come next year. They're going to have a Cummins in them. I'm not sure how I feel about a Cummins powered Nissan.

I'm only seeing Chargers and Explorers down here. No Chebby's.

The really bizzarre thing I discovered after talking to some local cops - while most every other agency in the county is going primarily to Chev or Dodge - Hillsboro PD is sticking with ford (they still roll around in 10 year old CVPI's - they work those damn things till they drop!) they are transitioning to Exploders from the CVPI - they didn't want the Taurus police package (who would?) and I guess that despite the couple Tahoes they have in their fleet, they opted for the Explorer and it's eco-boost V6. The cops I talked to who have to drive them complain that they're not good for tall guys - they have to lean forward to see a red light. Otherwise they are roomier than a CVPI but they said they'd prefer Tahoes or Durangos.

I've noticed that as far as other government agencies go - there's a LOT of chevy pickups, Cruz sedans, and Impala sedans, but the heavy duty work trucks are Ford F series or Dodge/Ram diesels. I don't think I've ever seen a Duramax powered government work truck. Of course the hippie towns are buying up Prius (Prii?) for their fleet vehicles.

Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Sucks!!!

FORD RULES!!!!!!!

Whatever, I mean I like FODS and all, but rules???
Did the whole bumper to bumper pull with a friend of mine recently with his "big ol FOD" diesel 4 door 4x4 PU against my little 4.7 Dakota 4x4 and yanked him around the lower pasture backwards in circles on a $100 dollar bet,, he paid and I Lmao.
My old bronco is a great 4x but the new stuff is just, well,,,,stuff:rolleyes:

Whatever, I mean I like FODS and all, but rules???
Did the whole bumper to bumper pull with a friend of mine recently with his "big ol FOD" diesel 4 door 4x4 PU against my little 4.7 Dakota 4x4 and yanked him around the lower pasture backwards in circles on a $100 dollar bet,, he paid and I Lmao.
My old bronco is a great 4x but the new stuff is just, well,,,,stuff:rolleyes:

He probably just had crappy tires.;)

I would like to see you try that against my big bad Navigator.:D

Heck, his was the mile and a half long 7.3 power stroke long bed 4 door with the standard one front one rear so called 4x that can't pull itself out of its wet uphill shadow, mine a factory positrack short wide wheelbase so it wasn't even close.

I'm fact, he borrowed the "old blue mule" several times to take his father out hunting before his Dad passed away because he knew and trusted mine would not get hung, stuck or brake with his elderly father on board in the back hills

Heck, his was the mile and a half long 7.3 power stroke long bed 4 door with the standard one front one rear so called 4x that can't pull itself out of its wet uphill shadow, mine a factory positrack short wide wheelbase so it wasn't even close.

I'm fact, he borrowed the "old blue mule" several times to take his father out hunting before his Dad passed away because he knew and trusted mine would not get hung, stuck or brake with his elderly father on board in the back hills

Ok, send me your address. Im coming to kick your Dakotas but with my Navigator!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top