JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel that daily use of firearms is enough "training" for me. I do try very hard not to get complacent, it has happened in my profession and it never ends well. I still practice the 3 rules of safety every day
Complacency ....
Was a danger in my old profession....which usually lead to folks being killed.
In my current profession it is also a danger...while it won't lead to folks being killed ...
It does them a grave disservice in not teaching them to think for themselves .
Andy

Complacency ....
Was a danger in my old profession....which usually lead to folks being killed.
In my current profession it is also a danger...while it won't lead to folks being killed ...
It does them a grave disservice in not teaching them to think for themselves .
Andy
I've been guilty of complacency over the years and it's almost cost me my life a few times. I'm not proud to say that but I definitely learned from my mistakes.

Whenever anyone asks me about training I like to establish a baseline first.

Them. "You have guns, do you train?"
Me. " What branch of the military were you in? "
Them " I wasn't in the military "

Thats where the conversation typically ends for me.

Whenever anyone asks me about training I like to establish a baseline first.

Them. "You have guns, do you train?"

Thats where the conversation typically ends for me.
When a true expert tells me what to do I will listen very intently and most likely do at least the portions that make sense for me. Fe Rob Leatham on how to shoot handguns well, Clint Smith on survival tips.

Others I may listen if they seem credible and knowledgeable and use what I can (if anything).

The vast majority of opinions are people gaining a bit of knowledge or bias about a certain product (like a gun Fe) and then telling everyone else they should do that. Those are not worth listening to imo.

When a true expert tells me what to do I will listen very intently and most likely do at least the portions that make sense for me. Fe Rob Leatham on how to shoot handguns well, Clint Smith on survival tips.

Others I may listen if they seem credible and knowledgeable and use what I can (if anything).

The vast majority of opinions are people gaining a bit of knowledge or bias about a certain product (like a gun Fe) and then telling everyone else they should do that. Those are not worth listening to imo.
Yeabut....
What I say are facts....what others say is....opinion.... :eek: :D
( Kidding here...don't think that highly of myself )
Andy

Training. Well, at my age and health it seems counterintuitive. Because regardless of amount of training, I'd likely to be an early casualty in any sort of combat. Hiding, that's what I'd be good at now. Survival after some kind of thing like nuclear combat, I wouldn't be much interested in survival in a world forever vastly changed for the worse. So now I mostly focus on being comfortable and staying on top of another area of survival - medical stuff.

Yeah, I kinda think those thoughts when people get up on their hind legs about "tactical" this and that. People want to go tactical, they can join the army where gear is given out for free. In exchange for potential, real danger.

I suppose there is always the possibility of internal strife on a widespread level. Some people have been waiting (and "training") for something like this for decades, like "race wars" or whatever. Hasn't yet happened on a large scale. My guess, no societal wars, just slow, continued rot.

1705282132454.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany