JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use the slide stop as a slilde release or overhand method?

• Total voters
And this is exactly why I've ended up training both…
But not everyone has the time or money for that. Id like to take another class or two sometime in the future but it concerns me Id show up to have to unlearn what I was taught and thus ingrained in my muscle memory now.

this sums it up to me. I think either is great as long as the person practices it then it works for them.

---

One thing Im wondering is why there is a technique discrepancy in whats taught between different training institutions? Seems like there would either be a consensus or instructors would teach the individual how to do their preferred choice individually? I think it adds to the confusion when one reputable training center teaches differently than another reputable training center.
You're paying that trainer for his experience, not for any kind of approved upon consensus. Experiences differ amongst every discipline.

From Hockey to racing to shooting, I've trained with people from all walks of life. Knowing how you can learn from all of them and apply it to your personal needs is most critical.

I remember some skating coaches who taught some stuff that I simply couldn't do, but I also used that against other players. I knew what they were trying to do based on their footwork and was able to defend against it.

Knowledge is power. Go Joe!

Last Edited:
You're paying that trainer for his experience, not for any kind of approved upon consensus. Experiences differ amongst every discipline.
True, but then if one learned one way and wanted to advance in more classes, but then the new instructor insists his way and so you gotta spend an hour of class relearning a new technique when your original is also perfectly fine...
Thats gonna be frustrating for the student.

True, but then if one learned one way and wanted to advance in more classes, but then the new instructor insists his way and so you gotta spend an hour of class relearning a new technique when your original is also perfectly fine...
Thats gonna be frustrating for the student.
Yep, but if it's important to the student, it's on them to do their due diligence before signing up.

On the other hand, you can also learn from techniques that don't work for you just as much. It doesn't mean you have to change anything because of what one person taught.

I wouldn't expect to. For something this specific, a phone call would work best.
so be it. That works for me....

but millions of new gun owners in the last year would have no clue. They hear one thing at one place and another thing at another... Sure would be beneficial if there was consistency between instructors. Or at least to take a "type a" class or a "type b" class from the same place. I dunno if thats possible.

so be it. That works for me....

but millions of new gun owners in the last year would have no clue. They hear one thing at one place and another thing at another... Sure would be beneficial if there was consistency between instructors. Or at least to take a "type a" class or a "type b" class from the same place. I dunno if thats possible.
Vanilla vs Chocolate.

You'll never get 10 people to agree.

Slingshot slide release I don't have time to "F" with that little thang !
1638752581926.png

I use both methods ... probably 75% slide stop, 25% overhand. Maybe I should even out to get more proficient with overhand method. 😗
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

On a rainy day moving at highway speeds, entering a freeway from a sweeping left turn, the back end has slipped out on a RWD car. Do you apply a bit more throttle and countersteer or touch the brakes to settle the car down and lose some entry speed onto moving traffic?

There's no right answer, only what you're most comfortable with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top