JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being a historian, I occasionally delve into the 'big guns', and highly recommend visiting the coastal defense gun locales if you can.

Now, does anybody have any of these, because mine are a little rusty, or were a little rusty. They are called tap rivets, and these used to hold armor plate on one of the turret assemblies from the battleship, USS ARIZONA.

IMG_20220311_111305244.jpg

I can see it now...

If only some joker wouldn't have removed those tap rivets holding the armor plates on the Arizona, maybe things could've been different.

:s0103:

It don't work that way, but . . .

After the attack on Pearl and the sinking of ARIZONA, the aft two turrets were later turned over to the Army as coastal defense installations. These tap rivets were acquired from one of those sites, in the 1980's, after the turrets were disassembled.

If you look close, you can make out the A, R, I, of the ships name plate. As you might imagine, not a lot of people get to see this up close.
This was taken back in the '80's; the visability there is a lot better now.

IMG_20221121_180513967.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads