JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And how many rounds do you put through it a year??

If paper bad guys are your worst problem, then it might be fine.

Ive put over 3000 rounds through the DPMS and about 1500 in the Rainier Arms. I don't play in the sandbox so I'm not really too concerned about actual people, but I know the rifle (either my RA AR15 or my DPMS AR15.22) will perform the similar vs an attacker. Do i see quality differences, sure since I know what I'm looking for, but there is nothing wrong with DPMS as a first rifle.

I have a bushmaster lower with a dpms upper. Gun has ate and spit out everything I've ever fed it including some of my own handloads.
Would I buy another dpms, yes. At today's prices, no. I have maybe 450-500 into mine.

and you get more pats on the back when you post pictures of your AR

And if you’re a citizen , shtf and you live long enough to break you DPMS you can collect BCM’s from all the dead posers

What's the matter? Don't like your gun being on the right hand side of "The Chart"?

Or did you only learn about "The Chart" after you bought your DPMS and are trying hard to convince yourself (and others) of the wise choice you made?

What's the matter? Don't like your gun being on the right hand side of "The Chart"?

Or did you only learn about "The Chart" after you bought your DPMS and are trying hard to convince yourself (and others) of the wise choice you made?

Nothing the matter,my AR is a Frankenstein that I built from stripped everything.....even got a couple roll pins from the hardware store.... I like them all, I just think its funny that people think as soon as you point an Oly,DPMS or whatever other uncool rifle at anything other than paper it starts to break and fall apart....For an average person that has an AR for JIC most will get you out of a pinch , I would rather face an internet poser with a boutique rifle than a trained individual with a 500 dollar second hand Orical......... you have very strong assumption skills though

Nothing the matter,my AR is a Frankenstein that I built from stripped everything.....even got a couple roll pins from the hardware store.... I like them all, I just think its funny that people think as soon as you point an Oly,DPMS or whatever other uncool rifle at anything other than paper it starts to break and fall apart....For an average person that has an AR for JIC most will get you out of a pinch , I would rather face an internet poser with a boutique rifle than a trained individual with a 500 dollar second hand Orical......... you have very strong assumption skills though

LOL, then why do you sound bitter?

I had no issues with my DPMS and only went from that to RA because I got parts for really cheap!

Only "failure" i had with my DPMS was the gas key screws came loose but at RA retighten them... But I have since replaced the stock BCG with a NiB RA BCG.... Other than that, has performed flawlessly

OK girls try to act like adults,it's only the weberneter not the bar with live girls.
This is a chevy ford mercedes argument. Heck for a few dollars more I can feed my DMPS (that's a country station right?) with lots of ammo.
If you aren't going to compete and run 2k rounds thru the gun a weekend,most any configuration of AR will work. (a friend bought a Mossberg barrel,yeah I know,and it wasn't drilled out quite right)

Sorry for most viewers,an AR is an AR. if you are going to the sand box or competing,then this would change.
You won't destroy your AR unless you are trying. Break parts,yes. Destroy? no
DPMS is as good a firearm as any colt

lmao this is funny as hell, DPMS makes parts for many many manufacturers that put their marking on it. I have been to their place in Minnesota and the amount of manufacturing capability there is impressive.

Here is a quick test for you, how many high volume manufacturers are there for upper and lower receivers?

answer: 5

lmao this is funny as hell, DPMS makes parts for many many manufacturers that put their marking on it. I have been to their place in Minnesota and the amount of manufacturing capability there is impressive.

Here is a quick test for you, how many high volume manufacturers are there for upper and lower receivers?

answer: 5

Are you referring to people who make the rough forging or the people that actually do the machining of the up and lower??

I do believe adhering to a materials standard is good. But if DPMS makes a mil spec bolt and Daniel Defense makes a mil spec bolt, how is the DD better ?

I don't know much about DPMS. I'm not in the market. When I was in the market I did a lot of research and now have three BCM's. They have never given me any trouble, in spite of running them hard, not cleaning them like I probably should and running crap ammo through them from time to time.

In attempt to answer this question you have to find out is each bolt and/or bolt carrier group manufactured MPI'd? Pressure tested? Or are just say 1 in 50 or 100 coming off of the assembly line pressure tested or MPI'd? Is it shot peened? What kind of extractor spring insert does it have? Is the gas key properly staked? Hint: some manufacturers do these things and some don't. Finally, what style is the bolt? M-16 or AR-15?

It's your money, but you get what you pay for. If DPMS, Olympic, Rock River, Bushmaster or even Ralphie's Red Ryder BB gun will suit your needs, then by all means go for it! Get one or two or more. Then go shoot the crap out of it!

Finally, mil-spec is a set if minimum standards. Just because something says it is mil-spec doesn't necessarily mean it is or that mil-spec is the gold standard.

Are you referring to people who make the rough forging or the people that actually do the machining of the up and lower??

as in they do everything except the rollstamp. And here is another kicker, even if they make their own, they sometimes buy another manufacturers to put on their rifles. All you have to do is know where to look for the markings.

oh and whats even better than that is just because they are the manufacturer, doesn't mean they made the forging.

I don't know much about DPMS. I'm not in the market. When I was in the market I did a lot of research and now have three BCM's. They have never given me any trouble, in spite of running them hard, not cleaning them like I probably should and running crap ammo through them from time to time.

In attempt to answer this question you have to find out is each bolt and/or bolt carrier group manufactured MPI'd? Pressure tested? Or are just say 1 in 50 or 100 coming off of the assembly line pressure tested or MPI'd? Is it shot peened? What kind of extractor spring insert does it have? Is the gas key properly staked? Hint: some manufacturers do these things and some don't. Finally, what style is the bolt? M-16 or AR-15?

It's your money, but you get what you pay for. If DPMS, Olympic, Rock River, Bushmaster or even Ralphie's Red Ryder BB gun will suit your needs, then by all means go for it! Get one or two or more. Then go shoot the crap out of it!

Finally, mil-spec is a set if minimum standards. Just because something says it is mil-spec doesn't necessarily mean it is or that mil-spec is the gold standard.

thanks, I hear ya. BCM's are super nice and not knocking any of them , seems like sometimes people never give some stuff a chance and just automatically discredit rifles because it isn't brand X.....I cant really have alliances because mine is Rainer, RRA, Aero Precision,BCM, MI, GG&G, Troy, Oly, DPMS, Core 15....lol It all works like clock work together, I liked building it from nothing, stripped carrier, bolt, barrel, everything, AR's are great !

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top