JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No reason it shouldn't, DPMS is a good US brand and it should be standard 5.56 NATO chambered. Barrel twist rate could vary, pick the right twist for the bullet weights you will be loading

My bad. Just got off a 12 hour shift in a jail, on black Friday, in intake....... just a wee bit tired zzzzzzzzz.

Just was making sure, as other's have said they tend to be solidly built rifles. I'm not a fan, but I think it is irrational dislike not based in fact. All of the ones I've used go bang when you pull the trigger, just for some reason never liked their builds.

Hard to beat the price though.

No reason it shouldn't, DPMS is a good US brand and it should be standard 5.56 NATO chambered. Barrel twist rate could vary, pick the right twist for the bullet weights you will be loading

Key word is should. Even if they say it, it still might not have it, many have been found without it.

For $5-600 I would say sure, but for $900 you can get a COLT for just a little more.

Key word is should. Even if they say it, it still might not have it, many have been found without it.

For $5-600 I would say sure, but for $900 you can get a COLT for just a little more.

You can always call the manufacturer and verify as to the exact model. Some makers do chamber for match or .223 specs, but usually those are premium $$$ rifles. Colt has it's issues as well.. I bought a 9MM carbine for my wife back in the 1980s and it won't feed anything but the 124 grain FMJ NATO bullet design. It gacks on everything else

You can always call the manufacturer and verify as to the exact model. Some makers do chamber for match or .223 specs, but usually those are premium $$$ rifles. Colt has it's issues as well.. I bought a 9MM carbine for my wife back in the 1980s and it won't feed anything but the 124 grain FMJ NATO bullet design. It gacks on everything else

Really that is the best you got, some odd 9mm from the 80's??? :D

What is there not to get?? That is a good deal. There are reasons people pay it.
I just don't get the boutique AR thing. Yes the advertising is great but I just don't see what a two thousand dollar AR does better than a 1k one does. If I'm paying that kind of money for one at least give me a superior caliber to the 5.56 or maybe at least a billet forged lower... I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me and that's great for companies like Daniel defense.
YMMV. And that's good by me.

I bought a DPMS and it was just fine. I now have a Rainier Arms and do they shoot AMAZINGLY different? I don't think so. I know the stock DPMS feels different than the RA since I added a new compensator, stock with larger cheek welds, free floating hand guard, etc and in that case yes, they shoot different. If I added that to the DPMS, would it feel the same? Maybe, no clue, but I'd assume so....

I bought a DPMS and it was just fine. I now have a Rainier Arms and do they shoot AMAZINGLY different? I don't think so. I know the stock DPMS feels different than the RA since I added a new compensator, stock with larger cheek welds, free floating hand guard, etc and in that case yes, they shoot different. If I added that to the DPMS, would it feel the same? Maybe, no clue, but I'd assume so....

And how many rounds do you put through it a year??

If paper bad guys are your worst problem, then it might be fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top