JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was doing some research and ran accross these uppers. The prices include the BCG and the upper. I have to say that I am loving the idea of the charging handle being on the side instead of the top because it makes it easier if you are running a optic on it.

My quesiton for all you crazy finatics is has anyone ever used this brand and are they worth the money?

DLP Arms.com

They look good. I would be curious about how they look on other companies lowers. I'm sure functional compatibility is ok, but may not look quite right with the 3x wall thickness that they mention. I've never heard of them before and not used them.personally, I love the idea of a left side charging AR. Most I have seen at right handed, which at that point, would just stick with an extended standard CH upper.

I have built a couple mega side charge uppers and they are a great fit on many lowers and look good as well. The only bolt carrier group that fit was young manufacturing though. Young's makes quality stuff and you pay for it.

DEB08DA5-0DEB-4D97-AE08-3228147CAAF9.jpeg E9AA6847-502F-4523-BE9D-092ADE316168.jpeg

Another aspect I really like about the Mega is you can use the regular charge handle as well. Some brands don't make them so you can install a normal charge handle. Bear creek comes to mind. This comes in handy when you have your caldwell brass catcher installed blocking access to side charger.

I have a bca side charge upper and bcg I have not built yet. It is much less attractive and a bit clunky looking with a marginal fit on all the lowers I have tried it on. I will order a bca lower and hopefully it looks and fits ok on it. Not near the same league as Mega.

I have bought a pair of the X Products side charging uppers (I think they are in Vancouver) and will not build another AR with a traditional charging handle ever again. It is nice to not think where your fingers are going and if your optics have to be moved to a less ideal position to run the gun properly.

I like the idea of a side charger sans the rear charging handle. but I would really like to see a left side/right port eject upper! TO my mind, that's the very best type of upper to have! Would also love to see it in the AR-10 size!

I like the idea of a side charger sans the rear charging handle. but I would really like to see a left side/right port eject upper! TO my mind, that's the very best type of upper to have! Would also love to see it in the AR-10 size!

check out the DLP on theres you can charge from either side which is what I liked. I'm not sure what side it ejects on.

@Ura-Ki my buddy took the plunge and bought one. just sent this over to me.

53618358787__92B44D04-880E-47F7-B8DE-7EFCE3F1D52B.jpeg

Just texted him to find out which side it ejects on since you can charge it from either side. Thats sitting on a 80% lower that he did two weeks ago. Looking at the picture it looks like it is a right side eject.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top