JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
consider the factors:
1) nice shorty lever Henry .22LR;
2) geezer vision
3) compact/decent glass choices over red dot optic;
4) hobby level casual target setting

yes, I too was one of those who could plink all day at the bottom of a 100 yard pop can & never miss; <kaffkaff>

that was many decades ago.....those 50' targets are considerably harder to properly use now that gravity has become stronger....;); goal is decent groups out to 75 yards.

I'm thinking along the lines of a compact ultra clear 3x or 4x; of course, the real rimfire operator would consider ANY scope on such as a form of defamation.

Whattaya got?

Last Edited:
If you don't make some adaptations, you'll slowly drift from where you're used to being and that will subconsciously cause you to shoot less. My Dad's favorite 22 was a Ruger 77/22 with an aperture sight. His eyes slowly got worse and the groups would open up and soon he had a harder time picking up the target and front sight. Now, he has a 4-12x scope with an easy-to-use focus knob, and he's back to shooting small groups.

I usually say the Primary Arms fixed 6x with 22lr ACSS reticle.

But on a lever gun something nicer like a Leupold in gloss black would look nice.

I'm impressed with the Freedom series by Leupold, 2-7 is a nice range on one of my 22's

looking for 'great' full field view; concern of pudgy/clutzy/clumsy/awkward external configuration interfering with the litheness of the lever actions.

looking for 'great' full field view; concern of pudgy/clutzy/clumsy/awkward external configuration interfering with the litheness of the lever actions.

I have a vintage Sears 46C (Marlin 56) lever that I have a vintage Redfield Widefield on. My old eyes like the wide field of view and the various magnification choices (4x, 2-5, 3x9) gives one a lot of types of shooting options.

A simple, cheap and readily available solution: Simmons 22MAG 3-9 x 32mm would do. They are frequently on sale at your local Bi-Mart.

BUT, for me....I like something with an adjustable objective for my .22LR rifles.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews