JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My middle daughter has been going hunting with the family for 3 years now. My family has been hunting in Ukiah for almost 50 years, myself it’s been 32 years hunting and 4 years camping before I could hunt. On her first 2 years there, she noticed a lot of garbage laying in the forest, on the roads, and in some non-used camps. She and I made a deal this year. For every bag (glad garbage bags-big size) she filled up with garbage, I would pay her $20 and she got to keep all the cans and bottles to turn in for recycling. I thought and still think this is a good idea, as she went on some long hikes with me (father-daughter time) and we saw a lot of beautiful things. After the 5th bag of garbage, I started to worry about how much I will owe her. Mind you, none of the garbage could come from our camp inthe deal, we throw all of ours in the trailer. She totaled 7 bags of garbage and $13.65 in cans and bottles. $153.65 is pretty good earnings for her on 5 days and I completely enjoyed walking around with her and enjoying the one-on-one time.

Paying for the forest to get cleaned up $153.65

Hunting fees, ammo, misc supplies $350

Spending time with my daughter, seeing her enjoy the outdoors $Priceless

Ukiah hunters especailly, but hunters everywhere, please clean up after yourselves. :cool:

Did not get to go this year so will be west. Seems like less elk there since it went hair tag. Maybe numbers are down in that unit . ODFW says Cougar and Bear have taken a toll on calves.......

Thank you for your and your daughters efforts on the trash clean-up. Its such a shame that so many people have so much disrespect for the outdoors. Anytime my friends and I go into the woods we make it a mission to pick up any garbage that is found,just glad to see that others are taking the approach:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews