JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My middle daughter has been going hunting with the family for 3 years now. My family has been hunting in Ukiah for almost 50 years, myself it’s been 32 years hunting and 4 years camping before I could hunt. On her first 2 years there, she noticed a lot of garbage laying in the forest, on the roads, and in some non-used camps. She and I made a deal this year. For every bag (glad garbage bags-big size) she filled up with garbage, I would pay her $20 and she got to keep all the cans and bottles to turn in for recycling. I thought and still think this is a good idea, as she went on some long hikes with me (father-daughter time) and we saw a lot of beautiful things. After the 5th bag of garbage, I started to worry about how much I will owe her. Mind you, none of the garbage could come from our camp inthe deal, we throw all of ours in the trailer. She totaled 7 bags of garbage and $13.65 in cans and bottles. $153.65 is pretty good earnings for her on 5 days and I completely enjoyed walking around with her and enjoying the one-on-one time.

Paying for the forest to get cleaned up $153.65

Hunting fees, ammo, misc supplies $350

Spending time with my daughter, seeing her enjoy the outdoors $Priceless

Ukiah hunters especailly, but hunters everywhere, please clean up after yourselves. :cool:

Did not get to go this year so will be west. Seems like less elk there since it went hair tag. Maybe numbers are down in that unit . ODFW says Cougar and Bear have taken a toll on calves.......

Thank you for your and your daughters efforts on the trash clean-up. Its such a shame that so many people have so much disrespect for the outdoors. Anytime my friends and I go into the woods we make it a mission to pick up any garbage that is found,just glad to see that others are taking the approach:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top