JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The first will use hydrogen to clean up existing diesel engines, increasing their fuel efficiency by a third and eliminating over half their air pollution, with an average nine-month payback, the company says. That's a potentially enormous market with plenty of existing demand, which HyTech hopes will capitalize its second product, a retrofit that will transform any internal combustion vehicle into a zero-emissions vehicle (ZEV) by enabling it to run on pure hydrogen. That will primarily be targeted at large fleets. And that will tee up the third product — the one Johnson's had his eye on from the beginning, the one that could revolutionize and decentralize the energy system — a stationary energy-storage product meant to compete with, and eventually outcompete, big batteries like Tesla's Powerwall.

If you get 6 miles/gal this would take you to 8. Which seems like kind of a big deal.

This company may have solved one of the hardest problems in clean energy

The first product, scheduled to debut in April, is the key to everything else.

Last Edited:
This is just fumigation (disclaimer: I have not read the whole article yet, but I assume it is), and has been around for a while; propane fumigation does the same thing. It does not make it more efficient in the sense of total fuel consumed, just in the amount of diesel consumed.

I have always been hopeful for hydrogen power, it just hasnt' been readily available.

BMV and other German companies are in Iceland testing - it is a 'closed' environment and with the volcanoes they have unlimited energy to get hydrogen from water.

Everyone else has to find large concentration of hydrogen, and typically that comes from refined oil - ie gasoline.

This method seems to draw power from the diesel engine to separate the oxygen and hydrogen - and to do it in such a way as to not kill power.

I like the thought that they have phases - not one big home run swing.

kkj

Over history there has been plenty of lets inject X to increase power. Had a guy in college who added water to his engine - via a vacuum port. He was convinced it was "better".

The target is, of course, fleets. Some fleets are committed to changing over to propane. Other going to diesel-electric.

hopeful.

HyTech Power
Hydrogen Fuel Technology | Next-Gen Energy Efficient Technology
Internal Combustion Assistance (ICA)
Hydrogen Fuel Technology | Next-Gen Energy Efficient Technology

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA