JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

Looks like another 22 cal pistol is hitting the market. This time a 9 shot with a swinging gate. I know plenty of you own a Rough Rider and I love my Ruger Wrangler.

What are you thoughts on this one? I'm pretty interested depending on where the price point drops.

I think it would look pretty cool with some faux ivory or antler grips

It looks suspiciously like the high Standard Double Nine. If so, the D/A pull is horrible, but works. Amnd if so, non-MIM High Standard parts are available from various sellers.

The review does say it had a horrible DA trigger pull (about 15 pounds). My Ruger SP101 was probably in that range but after a polish and spring kit it has a wonderful trigger. While centerfires are a little different I wonder if some work could be done to make the trigger more enjoyable.

According to the review the SA trigger is 3.5 pounds which isn't too bad

I believe that it was make to have that single action army look with a swing out cylinder instead of a loading gate so you don't negligently leave a live round in and Baldwin someone.

"Almost" certainly made on "Double-Nine" tooling purchased from the last owner of High-Standard. Time will tell, but it looks basically the same, except for the 24/7 tactical features. You pull the ejector rod forward and the cylinder swings out to the left for simultaneous ejection.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.17.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.18.18 PM.png

I believe that it was make to have that single action army look with a swing out cylinder instead of a loading gate so you don't negligently leave a live round in and Baldwin someone.
:s0113:

Damn that last part got me good!

I'm certain you are right. It was meant to basically be a single action revolver with the ease of loading and such via a swing out cylinder.

Depending on pricing, I'm certainly interested.

A swing out cylinder on a SAA styled gun just, to me at least, looks just plain weird! The two "ejector" rods just adds to the weirdness.

If the earlier posts are correct regarding DA weight it would be a major "meh" for me.

I have a Ruger Wrangler that is just plain fun to shoot and would rather that. I would be cool if the Wrangler was an 8 or 9 shot but it's not really that big of a deal for me considering what type of firearm these are.

Never bought one, but I always liked the "Diamondback" look - there's some irony - of the High Standard Sentinel MKIV. Curiously, diamondback could reintroduce it if things go well.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 1.42.56 AM.png

A swing out cylinder on a SAA styled gun just, to me at least, looks just plain weird! The two "ejector" rods just adds to the weirdness.

If the earlier posts are correct regarding DA weight it would be a major "meh" for me.

I have a Ruger Wrangler that is just plain fun to shoot and would rather that. I would be cool if the Wrangler was an 8 or 9 shot but it's not really that big of a deal for me considering what type of firearm these are.
I agree its' a bit of an odd duck. Flat cerakote on a SAA loocking pistol. Fake ejector rod. Swing out ccylinder on a SAA type pistol. It's kind of like it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Does it have a four-click SAA type action I wonder?

i've had a hankering for a 9" rough rider lately. Havn't seen any new one's for less than $170 though
51586-DEFAULT-l.jpg
also they have 2" and 3" barkeeps now but I don't like any of the color schemes. THese should be under $150 for sure and maybe with holidays maybe $130? 6.5" is almost always $99 somewhere during the holidays.
asdqwdqwdwq.JPG
Used to have a 6.5" but I sold it. Now I only have 4.75" and 16" . 6.5" and the 4 click action is great. 16" is actuallly fine to hold if you put one of the big beefy grips on it. I think the grips were made for another SAA clone but can't remember what brand.

Last Edited:
I agree its' a bit of an odd duck. Flat cerakote on a SAA loocking pistol. Fake ejector rod. Swing out ccylinder on a SAA type pistol. It's kind of like it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Does it have a four-click SAA type action I wonder?
Nope. Typical D/A action with a hammer block to prevent ABs - Accidental Baldwins.

It came out in '55, two years after the Single Six (Double Nine, get it?) and was at first a typical double action revolver. But, as the west rose again, they made a faux-SAA version, (and a faux-Colt Diamondback version) out of it - the look and feel, but the advantages of a typical D/A revolver. Purists hate them, but they are fun to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top