Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DGU reporting

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by boogerhook, Apr 27, 2016.

1. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

Does the police keep track of DGUs, if you report them? Anyone know? Does it even make sense to report, assuming no shots fired and it happened outside the home. The number of DGUs is a highly contested one, and good reporting could solidify these statistics. Without it, it amounts to hearsay.

2. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is huge controversy on the numbers now.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/justifiable16.pdf

Would you?

If you were near your car, in a city far from home, and some guy was just too aggressive towards you, where you showed you were packing (whether you cleared leather or not)
    Would you then call the po-po ?

If the city was tru-blu like Portland, I doubt I would, but maybe.

There are good reasons to, if the guy calls first, you don't want to be the man with a gun.
    But there are reasons not to, the issue is over, resolved.

boogerhook likes this.
  3. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I have a basic rule: never call the police. Reason:

"There is no human situation so miserable that it cannot be made worse by the presence of a policeman."
    --Brendan Behan

Needless to say, worrying about the proper recording of DGUs when the victim may only call cops on the order of one instance out of every 10, seems kinda pointless. Anyway every metropolitan police force is going to have a different procedure...

Sgt Nambu, boogerhook and RicInOR like this.
  4. ChiefStealth

ChiefStealth Graham, Wa. Well-Known Member

I wonder if that elderly couple in Sultan, Wa really cares about these Vic.org data.

5. boogerhook

Of course not. Nobody cares until you are worried that your rights are taken away and you have to argue that guns safe lives.

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Rights aren't taken, they're surrendered. o_O

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  7. boogerhook

I know you are tough, your moniker already says so, but I doubt the revolution would be carried by more than 2500 people ;-) People are just too well off to be risking it all. Maybe you were not insinuating that much. If you are really old and on your way out anyway, yes you might pull a "Heston", but that's a lonely man's protest move only. Not doing much for the rest of us.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

And you illustrate my point... beautifully.

Sgt Nambu and boogerhook like this.