JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What-chew talking bout Willis??????
know nothing about D&D devices.

It is an NFA-regulated category that includes such things as "non-sporting" firearms with a bore greater than .50-caliber, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, mortars, explosives, incendiary devices, etc. Some NFA collectors own and operate 20mm cannons, 40mm grenade launchers (e.g., M79, M203), shotguns dubbed "non-sporting" that they were reclassed as DDs (e.g., USAS-12, Streetsweepers, etc.) and others. The NFA Handbook has details if you are interested.

Not interested, I do know. Also to have such device it has to be stored in a blast proof bunker. And a $200 stamp for each item. If it is the projectile.
Feel free to correct me, this is from memory from a while back.

I haven't gotten involved with them either. The neato-to-cash ratio just hasn't been there for me, though I'd likely buy a transferable USAS-12 if the price was right.

You are correct that most explosive projectiles or devices (e.g., a 40mm HE round, etc.) are also a DD and requires registration. There are storage requirements for DDs with explosive or incendiary compounds. AFAIK, there are not for DDs that don't explode (e.g., a <broken link removed> shotgun). I'm not up on said storage requirements, but here are the regs.

Anywho, I hope that helps. Cheers.

ANM2's = ZERO KILLER's

* 20 mm
* .50 Bmg
* .30 cal

Technically the 404 is a MG.:)

DSCN2002_zpsbramlsrm.jpg

Big bore DD's do not need to be stored any different than anything else. 40MM's and stupid stuff like street sweepers ( dumbest law ever. Saigas blow them away for functionality and lethality ) are the most common DD's. I wouldnt mind having an M79 with a bee hive adapter. Even a 20mm Lahti cannon would be fun to play with.
Its the explosives that need special storage. Sure, you can buy a hand grenade as a DD or even a live artillery shell but its going to be $200 on each item then you have to find someone who will sell you one. No licensed manufacturer will that I know of.

I 'have' an LMT M203. Should be getting out of NFA jail any day now (check cashed in mid-Feb). Pics to come, I have rail systems / guns to mount it on an 11.5" AR SBR, a Saiga AK, and a CETME. Gonna be fun.

As far as explosive bunkers or whatever, no, they aren't required. If you have explosive ammo (HE grenades etc.) they do need to be stored in an ATF approved magazine, but none of the other types of ammo do. I'm going to be using, mostly, reloadableshells.com's excellent smokeless-powder-compatible 'canon' and smoke shells.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads