JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
no... I don't want to destroy any firearm, just curious....

A random question came to me when I recalled that Oregon pastor that won an AR15 in a raffle purposely to have it destroyed for an anti-gun political statement. Isn't it a felony illegal to alter or deface a firearms serial number in any way? If one wanted to do this, how would one legally destroy a firearm?

Don't do this! You have been warned

Load the rifle cartridge to the brim with win231 ( a fast burning powder ) and compress the load and tie it to a tire pull trigger with a string from a distance. . To improve on this hammer a plug into the barrel below the depth of the gas port.

This is not safe but should result in a heavily damaged - decomissioned rifle. Because you can doesn't mean you should. Welding the action is much safer.

The simplest way is to loan it to my nephew. I guarantee that after one weekend in his possession, it'll be trashed beyond repair.

according to the link the only way to destroy the receiver is with a cutting torch...?
That I'm not sure about. I mean...they just don't want people rewelding stuff and making it functional. But how many polymer and aluminum frames/receivers are there now? Say you took a chop saw to something and made several cuts...I would think if a firearm is destroyed... it's destroyed. I'm not saying I'm right...never had to do this.

What is good enough?

That I'm not sure about. I mean...they just don't want people rewelding stuff and making it functional. But how many polymer and aluminum frames/receivers are there now? Say you took a chop saw to something and made several cuts...I would think if a firearm is destroyed... it's destroyed. I'm not saying I'm right...never had to do this.

What is good enough?

I get it but when I read that link they were very specific about the size and type of torch cut and even specified any other type (including saw cutting) "does not ensure destruction". o_O

So the dummy is going to give to the Sandy Hook Victims? Then he should make a tool for everyone IN AMERICA as Sandy Hook was a TOTAL False Flag, No One died at Sandy Hook. FACT>!!!

Read the article Gent's. (Post#4) Total Garbage AntiGun Agenda, they can stick it.

So the dummy is going to give to the Sandy Hook Victims? Then he should make a tool for everyone IN AMERICA as Sandy Hook was a TOTAL False Flag, No One died at Sandy Hook. FACT>!!!

Read the article Gent's. (Post#4) Total Garbage AntiGun Agenda, they can stick it.
Ironically objects such as hammers, clubs, and yes garden tools account for twice as many murders per year than rifles. Even if these tools are never used maliciously... garden tools account for over 122,900 accidental injuries and 83 accidental deaths annually.

Statistics and facts aside... anyone that's seen a horror flick knows... a crazed, hockey mask wearing killer is far more likely to use a garden tool than a rifle.

I have seen vids of firearms destroyed by a metal shredder, by manual cutting with torches and other cutting instruments and by simply throwing them in a bonfire and then bending them, and by crushing them with a press or some other mechanism.

I think that the ATF and the law would be satisfied with destruction mechanisms that rendered the firearm inoperable and unable to be restored to an operable condition.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-2/download

I have seen some firearms restored from a 'demil' operation - IIRC the restorer used a number of different demiled firearms and pieced them together - maybe because he could get the pieces together such that he could remove the torch cut edges enough on each piece to make a good join. Personally, unless it was SHTF and I was desperate for a working firearm, I would not use such a restored firearm no matter how skillfully it was done.

Ironically objects such as hammers, clubs, and yes garden tools account for twice as many murders per year than rifles. Even if these tools are never used maliciously... garden tools account for over 122,900 accidental injuries and 83 accidental deaths annually.

Statistics and facts aside... anyone that's seen a horror flick knows... a crazed, hockey mask wearing killer is far more likely to use a garden tool than a rifle. Mygrainman...

Thanks for the statistical Back up to what I posted, the Preacher Made an EPIC FAIL in my opinion.

This crap chaffs my hyde, you know we all save money to buy our firearms, for various reasons but we all save and buy what we enjoy.
This jack wagon took the opportunity for someone to enjoy a rifle. Maybe introduce a new shooter.
Pastor needs to read the Good book.
Luke 6:37 - Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Hes doing the complete opposite and trying to drag God and religion into gun control.
GRRrrrrrrrrr !:mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR