JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any experience with this?

Just stumbled across articles/vids on it and it sounds kind of promising, albeit expensive ($300).

I've not had good experiences with clamshell bullpup conversions, but it sounds like this one might be ok. I am a bullpup fan, having owned 7 of them. Two were Muzzlelite, one for 10/22 one for Mini14 which are a POS, a bullpup shotgun (Mossberg) which was ok, but heavy and a poor trigger, and four rifles, three of which were factory original and now rare, and one a AWC/McMillan M1A conversion.

The DT Trek22 appears to have a bellcrank trigger linkage, which in my experience with the AWC bullpup results in a nice trigger for a bullpup. It also does not have a pistol grip, which I assume is to make it more compliant with laws in some anti-gun states and to reduce the chance of being targeted by future laws - I would just as soon they made a version with a pistol grip.

I've wanted a bullpup 22 for a while, but most of what I looked at was either unreliable or too heavy and the bespoke conversions were often heavy and spendy. I have an older 10/22 and a TacSol barrel that would serve as a decent donor.

Unfortunately, the bullpup forum has gone offline and remains so for several years - probably never coming back.

So, anybody with hands on experience with these?

I have been looking at this. It looks a bit awkward I wish they did more of a pistol grip on it. I have the Hightower ps90 kit and it's pretty solid really. I glued a socket to the trigger bar and wrapped it in heat shrink. Took up a lot of travel and the trigger is actually not bad at all.

Any experience with this?

Just stumbled across articles/vids on it and it sounds kind of promising, albeit expensive ($300).

I've not had good experiences with clamshell bullpup conversions, but it sounds like this one might be ok. I am a bullpup fan, having owned 7 of them. Two were Muzzlelite, one for 10/22 one for Mini14 which are a POS, a bullpup shotgun (Mossberg) which was ok, but heavy and a poor trigger, and four rifles, three of which were factory original and now rare, and one a AWC/McMillan M1A conversion.

The DT Trek22 appears to have a bellcrank trigger linkage, which in my experience with the AWC bullpup results in a nice trigger for a bullpup. It also does not have a pistol grip, which I assume is to make it more compliant with laws in some anti-gun states and to reduce the chance of being targeted by future laws - I would just as soon they made a version with a pistol grip.

I've wanted a bullpup 22 for a while, but most of what I looked at was either unreliable or too heavy and the bespoke conversions were often heavy and spendy. I have an older 10/22 and a TacSol barrel that would serve as a decent donor.

Unfortunately, the bullpup forum has gone offline and remains so for several years - probably never coming back.

So, anybody with hands on experience with these?
If only it was lefty compatible

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads