JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any experience with this?

Just stumbled across articles/vids on it and it sounds kind of promising, albeit expensive ($300).

I've not had good experiences with clamshell bullpup conversions, but it sounds like this one might be ok. I am a bullpup fan, having owned 7 of them. Two were Muzzlelite, one for 10/22 one for Mini14 which are a POS, a bullpup shotgun (Mossberg) which was ok, but heavy and a poor trigger, and four rifles, three of which were factory original and now rare, and one a AWC/McMillan M1A conversion.

The DT Trek22 appears to have a bellcrank trigger linkage, which in my experience with the AWC bullpup results in a nice trigger for a bullpup. It also does not have a pistol grip, which I assume is to make it more compliant with laws in some anti-gun states and to reduce the chance of being targeted by future laws - I would just as soon they made a version with a pistol grip.

I've wanted a bullpup 22 for a while, but most of what I looked at was either unreliable or too heavy and the bespoke conversions were often heavy and spendy. I have an older 10/22 and a TacSol barrel that would serve as a decent donor.

Unfortunately, the bullpup forum has gone offline and remains so for several years - probably never coming back.

So, anybody with hands on experience with these?

I have been looking at this. It looks a bit awkward I wish they did more of a pistol grip on it. I have the Hightower ps90 kit and it's pretty solid really. I glued a socket to the trigger bar and wrapped it in heat shrink. Took up a lot of travel and the trigger is actually not bad at all.

Any experience with this?

Just stumbled across articles/vids on it and it sounds kind of promising, albeit expensive ($300).

I've not had good experiences with clamshell bullpup conversions, but it sounds like this one might be ok. I am a bullpup fan, having owned 7 of them. Two were Muzzlelite, one for 10/22 one for Mini14 which are a POS, a bullpup shotgun (Mossberg) which was ok, but heavy and a poor trigger, and four rifles, three of which were factory original and now rare, and one a AWC/McMillan M1A conversion.

The DT Trek22 appears to have a bellcrank trigger linkage, which in my experience with the AWC bullpup results in a nice trigger for a bullpup. It also does not have a pistol grip, which I assume is to make it more compliant with laws in some anti-gun states and to reduce the chance of being targeted by future laws - I would just as soon they made a version with a pistol grip.

I've wanted a bullpup 22 for a while, but most of what I looked at was either unreliable or too heavy and the bespoke conversions were often heavy and spendy. I have an older 10/22 and a TacSol barrel that would serve as a decent donor.

Unfortunately, the bullpup forum has gone offline and remains so for several years - probably never coming back.

So, anybody with hands on experience with these?
If only it was lefty compatible

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads